hey,
I think that my sound of my bass is to clean and I want to change that. but I don't know what to buy, I wanna sound like the bassplayyer of machine head. I was thinking of buying an overdrive or distortion pedal but what would you do??
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
yea id get a distortion pedal!!
a BOSS DS-2 is great, my bass player just got one for his b-day
also, the BOSS Mega Distortion (htink its called) is meantr for low end distortion like on bass
also try a fuzz, there are bassplayers that prefer fuzz over distortion...

I prefer to use a very soft distortion/fuzz to give my sound a bit of rawness/texture...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
I use a Z Vex Woolly Mammoth. It's a fuzzboz rather than an Overdrive pedal. I love it. But it doesn't work so well on active basses.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I use a boss ODB-3, and now i've had a chance to tinker with it, I can get anything from a slight natural overdrive to full blown meaty distortion, i reccomend it.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Fulltone Bass Driver, a little expensive but I hear they're anazing. Z Vex are also expensive but again, I hear only good things about them. Check out the Big Muff too. If you don't have a lot to spend check out Boss ODB-3 or the Digitech Bass Driver, they aren't amazing but if you spend some time with them, you can get a nice sound. The digitech is nice because you can go from Overdrive to Distortion to full on Fuzz.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10