Page 1 of 2
Ok dont say "TRY IT AT THE MUSIC STORE!" my local music store no longer sells Epi/Gib guitars, hell i dont even think the sell Godins, so would a godin be good for punk rock? (lg signature) not for mcrs sound. i realize i want to make my own sound (lol) so plz tell if this can be used for punk rock, it got a 5 out of 5 and a 10 out of 10, so its a nice guitar and id really like to know if it can be used for punk rock or hard rock. TY

EDIT: Just to let you know it has seymour duncan pickups, the sig, every guitar does
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 22, 2006,
Godin's are great value for money. With Seymour Duncan's it's bound to have more ouput that the Epi, always useful for punk. Godins are generally very versatile. If it has duncans, then they're probably a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge (ALL guitars have that combination). If they are, then it'll be great for punk.

Epi Elitists are almost gibson quality. In fact, they're better than the cheap gibsons. That's pretty much all I can say.

EDIT: just searched the Godin site. They're custom made pickups by Duncan. They're really versatile, and the bridge pickup's hot enough for punk. Solid mahogany bodies are also great.

The thing is, godin is the LAST guitar I'd use for punk rock....if you don't mind being slightly too original, go for it!
Last edited by sashki at Jun 22, 2006,
well the godin has a SWEET flame top its cheaper, and its got seymour duncans, double a wood and... ill stop, anyway the lgx (look for it) has a 3-way voice system thingy, with pins and crap what the hell is that for, tell me! and do i need it?
Do you trust Americans or Koreans more to make your guitar?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Do you trust Americans or Koreans more to make your guitar?

well is it american made or korean made? i think its french...
Quote by Arlabester
lol i dont have the money yet, lol

I SAID NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, Godins' aren't really pricy and they are awesome guitars.

And they are canadian
Quote by sashki
Godin's are great value for money. With Seymour Duncan's it's bound to have more ouput that the Epi, always useful for punk. Godins are generally very versatile. If it has duncans, then they're probably a '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge (ALL guitars have that combination). If they are, then it'll be great for punk.

Epi Elitists are almost gibson quality. In fact, they're better than the cheap gibsons. That's pretty much all I can say.

EDIT: just searched the Godin site. They're custom made pickups by Duncan. They're really versatile, and the bridge pickup's hot enough for punk. Solid mahogany bodies are also great.

The thing is, godin is the LAST guitar I'd use for punk rock....if you don't mind being slightly too original, go for it!

well why wouldnt you use it? give me some answers man!
Quote by Freddedonna
I SAID NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, Godins' aren't really pricy and they are awesome guitars.

ok they look friggin awesome not to mention, but again good for punkrock! HELL YEAH! custom seymour duncans but again why wouldnt you use it for punk rock?
Quote by Arlabester
well the godin has a SWEET flame top its cheaper, and its got seymour duncans, double a wood and... ill stop, anyway the lgx (look for it) has a 3-way voice system thingy, with pins and crap what the hell is that for, tell me! and do i need it?

from the site : "The output from the bridge transducer system in the LGX-SA produces six separate signals?one for each string. This divided signal is called hexaphonic and is used to drive guitar synths."

but the LG signature has a normal jack input, I think.
so what you can make a different sound for each string? if so, hell no i dont need it and why the F**K? would i need an acoustic sound?
i just looked at the synth access thingy, no way do i need that, i wouldnt even need that for a gig! but i mean really, its just so pointless to me, i dont want no stinkin' sound for each string, it would sound funny!

EDIT: And back to the original point, would i be TOO original, like it wouldnt be punk rock anymore, if i use the godin lg sig?
Quote by Arlabester
well is it american made or korean made? i think its french...

Godin guitars are put together in New Hampshire.

The pieces are made in Canada.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Epi Elitest are japanese made... Japanese guitars rival american made guitars in everyone... its about the same quality

The elitests are quality is probably on par... or even better than gibsons at the moment. The only major difference between the gibsons and the elitest is the the finish... Gibsons have nitro-cellouse finishes, and elitest have polyurethane. Nitro lets teh guitars finish, and gives them a somewhat better tone than the poly... Other than that, the difference isnt that much.

As for the pickups... the elitest has pickups modelled after the gibson 490t and the 490r, or the burstbuckers(not sure). Then the godin has a pair of "seymour duncan" and we can make alot of assumptions on what they are. The LP probably has great sustain due to the fact that it is more wood in it, which makes it heavier.

Personally i find both guitars pretty pretty great. But personally, you should try them out... it isnt all about the tone, you have to take in consideration the feel of the guitar. People might say that the guitars have fast neck, with great frets, and what not, but thats really subjonction... because its their opinion. You could find the fretwork terrible, and the neck too chunky, and not like it.
but see the problem is my local store doesnt stock epis or godins, and the nearest one that does is 2 HOURS AWAY!
Quote by JorisBlack
so were you planning on buying it online?

because buying a guitar without playing it is like... paying for a hooker before actually getting some action

1. OMG YOU PERV!!!
2. no i wasnt, i was going to play it, but before i do all my calculating i wanted to know if it would be could enough for my own "brand" of punk rock (in others able to play punk rock on it)so that i have enough money for the elite if i dont like this, thats why i asked
I'd go for the Epi Elitist. I don't like Godin's at all though, so I'm a little biased. They're decent guitars adn all, but they just aren't for me.

Also, the Elitist will easily rival Gibsons, if not surpass some.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
both great guitars... but what looks more punk rock?

an Epiphone Elitest Les Paul Custom? or a godin lg...

the godin LG, reminds me of someone playing the blues on their guitar, not something i would see punk guitarist playing...

Both are great guitars from what i tried at the music store, but i just prefered the elitest more... thats just me
yes but what SOUNDS punk rock? thats the whole point of this thread! the lg has higher output cos of the custom custom custom SD pickup, but would it sound better then the elitist?

EDIT: And yes i know MCR uses lp's, but i wanna be orignal. not bad, thats why i need to know if the godin can sound punk rock, i have a retarde spider II amp, but im gettin a new one soon
Quote by Xenn99
I'd go for the Epi Elitist. I don't like Godin's at all though, so I'm a little biased. They're decent guitars adn all, but they just aren't for me.

Also, the Elitist will easily rival Gibsons, if not surpass some.

sweet! so people just buy gibsons for the name...my teacher was right...
Quote by Arlabester
yes but what SOUNDS punk rock? thats the whole point of this thread! the lg has higher output cos of the custom custom custom SD pickup, but would it sound better then the elitist?

EDIT: And yes i know MCR uses lp's, but i wanna be orignal. not bad, thats why i need to know if the godin can sound punk rock, i have a retarde spider II amp, but im gettin a new one soon

alot of punk bands use telecasters, and stratocasters too... and those arent highout pickups at all...

Its kinda hard to say which guitar does punkrock BETTER, because BETTER is a subjunctive word, we have our opinions, and if someone says that guitar x, is better than guitar y, it isnt your opinion, its theres... buts it is going to be YOUR guitar, so wouldnt your opinion the one that really matters? Its your tone, not ours, so go to that goddamn music stores that 2 hours away from you.

We're only here to give you suggestions...
but its two hours away i guess ill go with the epi, since it looks hell of a lot cooler (wine red custom) and MCR uses it, theyre my favorite band so i dunno...

EDIT: But sometimes it is truly better as an all around guitar or a genre guitar EX. Fender Strat is better then a Squier Strat, a Jackson Warrior would be better for metal then a Fender Strat
Quote by Freddedonna
Godins = the ****

Buy one

Now

Hell yea they do. I have a Freeway Classic which I love! I just bought a PRS Custom 24 Ten-Top 20th Anniversary today though so yea... But seriously, my Godin feels way better than most Gibson Les Pauls and PRSs that I have tried and I havent even upgraded anything. Yea my PRS now beats it, but some of the PRSs and some Gibsons are beat by my Godin.
how amazing? like blow your mind thru the window and onto the street? and is it heavy to you? minsoo?
LP Weight is utter bullsh*t. If 91-year-old Les Paul can handle one, YOU CAN TOO YOU DAMN PANSY!

And yes, People buy Gibson's for the name. I've read multiple accounts of Epiphone Elitists SURPASSING Gibsons. Not only in sound, but in playability and finish. They're great guitars and will be fine for what you want ot play (along with pretty much everything else you may eventually play).
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Go for the Epi I don't own one but I have played them and they really are as good as people say they are and the do in fact rival some Gibson's.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
^The pickup switch was a problem with Les Paul Standards. Not the Elitist series. It has also been fixed witht eh regular LP Standards.

And, tone is completely subjective.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Arlabester
xenn is that true do they rlly catch on fire? and do they actually suck (:laugh

Hell no.

6505, were you touched inappropriately by an Epiphone guitar when you were little? Is that why you bash them without any real reasons?

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^maybe a string broke on an Epi he was playing and it hit him in the face or something

but you know, Epiphone Elitists are good, Godin's are good, go find out which one you think is best!
epiphone is in the same class as the squire.me, i dont play second rate guitars anymore.
Quote by JorisBlack
^maybe a string broke on an Epi he was playing and it hit him in the face or something

but you know, Epiphone Elitists are good, Godin's are good, go find out which one you think is best!

ok i will! thanx

and 6505, dude....

thank you too xenn

EDIT:no they arent 6505, squires are awful, epi eli's are just as good as gibsons
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 23, 2006,
Page 1 of 2