interesting...
Live for the day, poke an emo

The following UGers are all beautiful and wonderful people;
GreenDayChris, Manos15, johnnynemo Pick It Up123, pInK_eLePhAnT, Holy Magenta, ScummerVacationhardrock1315
sounds like a more rock version of cake.... "short skirt loooooooooong jacket"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
My band supported them last year- they're brilliant. In fact, I'm wearing one of their t-shirts right now.
The World Cup was going on when this thread was made.

I went to Baltimore/Washington DC for some kind of nerd convention like two days after this thread was made.

That was a good summer.

Prolly my best yet.

Memories....
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at May 30, 2008,
I'm going on tour with this band from the 24th to the 29th selling merch on their dates supporting Goldfinger, so come say hi and buy some stuff!
Quote by lavazza
The thing which is really interesting in this thread is that it was posted by a female.......I´m waiting for the Bikini Kill version of this song: "I like men with StrategicalPositionedHandkerchiefsInJeans......on bikes."

Since when did Bikini Kill write about liking men?

Anyway, I don't like this band much. Really mediocre powerpop (and I normally like powerpop). I'm struggling to even bring myself to call it powerpop or punk.
Quote by sargasm
Since when did Bikini Kill write about liking men?

Anyway, I don't like this band much. Really mediocre powerpop (and I normally like powerpop). I'm struggling to even bring myself to call it powerpop or punk.

extreme feminist bands have the same view on men as sexist men have on women, no?
I guess some might, just to make a point. Bikini Kill have never done that though to my knowledge.

In fact, it's kind of the opposite. This is what I had in mind when I made my previous post:

That girl thinks shes the queen of the neighborhood
Shes got the hottest trike in town
That girl she holds her head up so high
I think I wanna be her bestfriend

Rebel girl, rebel girl
Rebel girl you are the queen of my world
Rebel girl, rebel girl
I think I wanna take you home
I wanna try on your clothes too

When she talks, the revolutions coming
In her hips, theres revolution
When she talks, I hear the revolution
In her kiss, I taste the revolution

Rebel girl...

That girl thinks shes the queen of the neighborhood
I got news for you, she is!
They say shes a slut, but I know
She is my bestfriend

Rebel girl, rebel girl, rebel girl
I really like you, I really love you
I really wanna be your bestfriend
Love you like a sister always
Soul sister, blood sister
Please be my rebel girl

On a related note, that song is cute and I love it.
Tour starts today!

Luckily, BB are the one band who I could never get bored of seeing- they're brilliant live.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Tour starts today!

Luckily, BB are the one band who I could never get bored of seeing- they're brilliant live.

Dude, were your at the Portsmouth gig? If I had read this thread before the show, I'd've spoken to you and we would have had one of those awkward "wow...so...you're from the internet" kind of moments!

I liked Buck Brothers. I think the audience were a bit lukewarm towards them but yeah they have good tunes. I really liked the one about girls on bikes wearing skirts, haha.

And Goldfinger were absolutely awesome tonight and wern't even preachy. Ace.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by DisgruntledDuck
Dude, were your at the Portsmouth gig? If I had read this thread before the show, I'd've spoken to you and we would have had one of those awkward "wow...so...you're from the internet" kind of moments!

I liked Buck Brothers. I think the audience were a bit lukewarm towards them but yeah they have good tunes. I really liked the one about girls on bikes wearing skirts, haha.

And Goldfinger were absolutely awesome tonight and wern't even preachy. Ace.

YES, I was! I was on the merch stand. I think I was wearing a red Buck Brothers top. I also now own Pete's old silver Gibson LP DC!

Best. Tour. Ever. Goldfinger are such lovely guys!
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Aug 30, 2008,