Would one of these be overkill for band practice and the occasional gig? In terms of both wattage and the fact that it'll be a half stack.

Also, is there any early word on whether or not these things are actually any good? The price is low for a tube head, so I'm hesitant.
should be fine, it's like 50 watts right?

maybe check some HC review?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
it has a 25 watt triode switch, so you can switch the wattage down...so it shouldn't be overkill
That is a nice feature, I don't see the reviews on HC yet. But I've been looking at that guy plus the The Crate V30H. Both are fairly cheap for tubes.

But like the theadstarter I'm always scared of getting something cheap, only beacause I know I'm going to want more.
It's not so much that I'll want more (I know I will no matter what amp I buy, unless it's an Orange Rocker), it's more that I'm a little wary of a tube head that's that cheap.

Would a half stack be overkill though? Obviously a 100w one would, but a 50w one wouldn't be too bad, would it?
Quote by scottc
It's not so much that I'll want more (I know I will no matter what amp I buy, unless it's an Orange Rocker), it's more that I'm a little wary of a tube head that's that cheap.

Would a half stack be overkill though? Obviously a 100w one would, but a 50w one wouldn't be too bad, would it?

nah, lots of musicians gig with 50 watt half-stacks