Okay, so yesterday I was at a friends house when I noticed he had a guitar body just laying in his garage. Long story short, it was a B.C. Rich, a higher end one that was clearly cut for a floyd rose. It also had the neck. It had a few pots in there, but not much else. (he painted it that blue color a while back)

So my question really is: if the guitar body is made for a floyd rose, how hard would it be to put some other kind of bridge in?

Also, I only paid $18 for the guitar and the neck, what do you think? For the record, I am not much a fan of B.C. Rich, but you can't beat that price.

edit: sorry for the huge pic, and someone colored on the neck, which is why the inlays look weird. It won't be hard to get that off.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
I don't know yet. I do know that floyd roses are expensive and I don't even know how to use one, let alone install one. I was thinking a strat style since it would probably be easier due to the way the body is already routed.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
The headstock doesn't look too BC Rich. But 18 bucks, damn, lucky bastard. With some adjustments, it can be a nice guitar for almost nothing.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Schecter-06, I can't find the floyd roses on that site.

EDIT: Damn, I did find them. Only $60???! Anyone do business with them before? How are they?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Last edited by ChrisL2003 at Jun 22, 2006,
Quote by Green_Jelly
The headstock doesn't look too BC Rich. But 18 bucks, damn, lucky bastard. With some adjustments, it can be a nice guitar for almost nothing.

Yeah I guess he got sick of those stupid horns they put on those things and cut them off. But I'll smooth it out and do something nice.

And about the price - I know, it was all I had on me, and I made the offer and he took it. I couldn't have been more surprised.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Quote by Green_Jelly

yeah it looks like some cut the horns off
Quote by Oligarchy
You can kill my mom, but KEEP YOU HANDS OFF MY DOG, BITCH!

Quote by *Juno*
You Sir, just achieved to date, the biggest pwnage i have seen in my life

you> me
Quote by Kapiszka
yeah it looks like some cut the horns off

Yes, now I see. First thought of some cheap Japanese copy.
Quote by lizarday
yea i have done bussiness with em b4 (for a friends rebuild i ordered sumthin for him) yea they are reliable and the parts arent bad, it will take about a week after you order to get the part with ground shipping.
Okay, I no nothing about floyd roses. What measurements, if any, do I need to know before ordering one?

EDIT: Okay, thanks Shecter-06, I appreciate it. you mean something like this though, right?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Great. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: there is also a small peice of what seems to be foam or something where the FR used to be, is this something that I need, or can I take it out?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
I hate FR's. I would just sand the body, fill the routing of the FR and drill some holes and install a Tune-O-Matic. But that's just me. In fact, I wouldn't be abled to do that myself.
Quote by lizarday
okay, here is a picture of where the foam is. Sorry again for big pictures, but i think it's important to be able to see details.

And now, another problem. There is a hairline crack in the neck that I didn't notice before, it is about 11mm. It's hard to see in this picture, but if you look, it's at the far right and starts at the edge, moving toward the upper-left. Any suggestions? I know it looks like there are other cracks, in the wood there, those really aren't cracks.

CRAP. Now that I look at it, it appears that the fretboard is coming off the neck. Any help?
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
that cost you $18?

FIT!

i am a huoage fan of bc rich. Why did he paint it blue though?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
rabidguitarist: I have no idea why he did that.

sephirangel: I was actually thinking of white.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
yea, i beleive you need that there, i think it is to keep the bridge from going up against the wood and to reduce a buzz if the bridge is loose, im not entirely sure, i dont really use guitars with floyds so, but i beleive thats what it is...good luck with it man,..
A cheap floyd is a waste of time, you better of with a good one or not at all.

With the neck the crack looks like a finish crack (hard to tell otherwise from those pics) theres no structural problem.
it doesnt look like the fretboard is comeing off. just that they did a bad job staining it or something. it doesnt look like a real bc rich. i think its a copy
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
o yea and schaller makes REALLY good floyd roses.
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
hey thanks for that link for the fr, if someone gets one and approves tell me about it, I might get one in the future

if you wanna put a regular bridge, you would need to sand it down and fill in the route for the floyd with a block of wood then cut a new cavity, so I'd just put in a fr, and if you dont want a trem, put in a fixed fr
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs