has anyone here done this? I was thinking about trying it, but didn't see any kits for it.

Thoughts? Comments? Advise, post away.

thanks!
Member #78 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

Originally Posted by Gibson_Rocker13
why the hell would you worship satan if hes gunna torture the **** out of you.
It is possible. I doubt you would be able to use a kit though. It is going to be pretty expensive if you don't have the tools.

I suggest you buy the book "guitarmaking tradition and technology" by william cumpiano and jonathon nateson Before you start.
I wonder if getting a 6 string kit from LMI and then getting a new neck and adjusting the pocket would work. It would be cheaper than to have to get all the tools for shaping the body.
Quote by Ironflippy
I wonder if getting a 6 string kit from LMI and then getting a new neck and adjusting the pocket would work. It would be cheaper than to have to get all the tools for shaping the body.

You'd have to get a different bridge and you'd no doubt have to change the bracing in some way to make the top hold the strain. If I were you I'd try a normal LMI kit, and then make a 12 string from scratch after that.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.