hey ive been playin for about 30 mins and i have a Epi Les Pal and right undert the horn like right under the pick guard its warm like hot is that normal form liek the electronics or w/e??? please help
If your worried about it, take it to a guitar store and get it checked out, unless your good with wiring, im guessing youre not, so take it to someone who can tell you whats wrong.
Yeah.
My uncles Epi exploded because of the same problem.

HE NEVER TALKED AGAIN.

hahahhaha
Quote by Will_Gum
Yeah.
My uncles Epi exploded because of the same problem.

HE NEVER TALKED AGAIN.

hahahhaha

Wow, i'm having trouble understanding the thread. Electric guitars actually will self-destruct??-_-
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
can you guys please be series please!!!! alright though change of subject its not on the bottom its right behind the neck pickup.......so like if you put your hand on the back of the guitar were the neck pickup is its warmer then the rest of the body....... HELP PLEASE! is this a big deal?
the neck pickup is the most explosive one.....................run!!!!!!!
Quote by creamsoda90
can you guys please be series please!!!! alright though change of subject its not on the bottom its right behind the neck pickup.......so like if you put your hand on the back of the guitar were the neck pickup is its warmer then the rest of the body....... HELP PLEASE! is this a big deal?

Could it be that that is where your body was touching the guitar and it got warm?

And second of all, the guitar produces no actual electricity, not to mention enough that would create heat. The wiring within a guitar (with passive pickups anyways) carries the analog signal sent from the pickups and transfers it via cable to an amplifier (keyword: amplifier) which amplifies the analog sound... no your guitar is not getting hot for any electrical reason whatsoever.

Unless it is an explosive guitar of course.
6505, shut your mouth. When you have your mouth open, you spew germs. Stupid germs. If, by chance, someone else is contaminated by your stupid germs, they may, and quite possibly will become a complete idiot like you.

So please, shut the f*ck up before someone catches dumbass from you.

On topic, the wiring/pickups in your guitar shouldn't heat up. It really can't. I would guess that it's just where you were touching the guitar. Body heat transferred to the guitar, therefore, it became warm. Nothing to worry about.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
alright thanks guys!!!! nice that two people on UG are mature enough to make a a helpful statement!!! thanks you two!!!
Anytime. Glad I could help.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
6505, shut your mouth. When you have your mouth open, you spew germs. Stupid germs. If, by chance, someone else is contaminated by your stupid germs, they may, and quite possibly will become a complete idiot like you.

So please, shut the f*ck up before someone catches dumbass from you.

On topic, the wiring/pickups in your guitar shouldn't heat up. It really can't. I would guess that it's just where you were touching the guitar. Body heat transferred to the guitar, therefore, it became warm. Nothing to worry about.

*reported*