How can I take a rythym track from GuitarPro and put it onto Audacity so that I can solo overtop of it? I tried saving it as a midi file and audacity could open it but it could not play it. It says check your sound output or something like that. I've also tried to record it as a .wav file but then when I play it back I can't hear anything.

I should mention that I have GuitarPort plugged in so maybe that could be a problem?

Or if someone could just get me a backing track to the song Mordecai by Between The Buried And Me, that would work to.
if you have guitar pro open and try to play MIDI with another program it usually doesnt work. check the output of audacity and make sure its on the right option,
Get a copy of fruity loops (demo or other wise) - import the midi file in FL - go into packs -> generators -> fpc - drag and drop one of the kits in the step sequencer where the midi file is loaded - then export the project as an mp3.

Are you doing it for pratice of recording?
Don't be a gayass if you don't know how to use Audacity you shouldn't be recording anything.

Prick...
Left handed and proud damn!t...!
I had the same problem. There is an option under "Preferences" That will allow you to hear tracks you already recorded and saved while you are recording something new.
Quote by nosedyve713
Don't be a gayass if you don't know how to use Audacity you shouldn't be recording anything.

Prick...

Don't be a gayass?
How 'bout you don't be a ****ing moron.
Quote by headfest88
if you have guitar pro open and try to play MIDI with another program it usually doesnt work. check the output of audacity and make sure its on the right option,

I played it in Windows Media Player and it worked fine., i'll check that.

I'm going to record the lead guitar overtop of it. I could play the rythym track and record that but I don't really want to.

Quote by Bullet FMV
I had the same problem. There is an option under "Preferences" That will allow you to hear tracks you already recorded and saved while you are recording something new.

I don't think that's what i'm talking about. Like, I can't get any track that i've imported to play.
OK, I can hear the .wav file now but it's so ****en quiet. Is there a way to turn it up somehow? Like, all my computers volume controls are maxed out and you can barely even hear it.
which part, the part you recorded, or the guitar pro track? if it's the guitar pro track and its too low you might have to record it, but make sure to turn the input up so you'll be able to hear it this time. if its your part, look for an option to "normalize" the track, which will boost the volume,
The guitar pro track is to low. Like, should I even be exporting it as a .wav? Is there a better way to do it?
Quote by YYZ
OK, I can hear the .wav file now but it's so ****en quiet. Is there a way to turn it up somehow? Like, all my computers volume controls are maxed out and you can barely even hear it.

Couldn't you just import to audacity, where you could turn it up there? You can do that on the version I have.
I tried but there was no way tot urn it up anymore. Oh well, I geuss i'll just play the backing track.