I'm on the verge of buying a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I checked it out at the music shop and it impressed me. A variety of tone textures: warm, bright, nice drive channel gives it a good blues/ rock dirty drive. I tried it with a Boss MT-2 and it really had some good crunch, but then again you can make anything sound scooped with a pedal.

So, I like it, the price isnt too bad ($600), and it can get LOUD if I want it to.
Any previous experience? You had one and you wish you didn't? Other reccomendations? Im open to suggestions. I've also been looking closely at a Traynor YCV 50 combo...

Peace
Killing... Raping... Bridge Burning... Forsaken...
-Aint Life Grand
I suggested my friend get a hot rod deluxe since he likes playing a lot of softer classic rock and blues. If you want to play slightly heavier music, go with a traynor or get an overdrive pedal. For around the same price you could get a hughes and kettner 20 watt all tube combo. Its a little more expensive but I think it's more versatile than the fender. The gain on it is pretty damn good and the speaker is good as well.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by me an my gitar
I'm on the verge of buying a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I checked it out at the music shop and it impressed me. A variety of tone textures: warm, bright, nice drive channel gives it a good blues/ rock dirty drive. I tried it with a Boss MT-2 and it really had some good crunch, but then again you can make anything sound scooped with a pedal.

So, I like it, the price isnt too bad ($600), and it can get LOUD if I want it to.
Any previous experience? You had one and you wish you didn't? Other reccomendations? Im open to suggestions. I've also been looking closely at a Traynor YCV 50 combo...

If you get the Fender, don't use the MT-2, get an OD pedal instead
If you don't, the Traynor is known for being versatile
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm hopefully buying a Traynor YCV50 with the money i raise from selling my RR5 and thus played one the other day. Very nice amp, great cleans and could get heavy when it needed to. Rather versatile i say and the drive channel royally beat the crap out of that of the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IMO.

When it comes to it, the Traynor wins over the Fender mainly because it's more versatile. Yes.
The Hot Rod Deluxe is often compared to the Peavey Classic 30. The Hot Rod has slightly better cleans, but the Peavey pwns the HRD's drive channel.

I'm not sure how the Traynor would match up.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
if you're planning on playing anything heavier than (pretty light) classic rock, avoid the HRD, the gain channels sound like ass, IMO.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
but with a pedal like a MT-2 or an overdrive, you can get whatever heavier sound you want, right? (not unlimited, but to a degree)
Killing... Raping... Bridge Burning... Forsaken...
-Aint Life Grand
I have the hot rod deville, same thing but louder (60watts). I'd say go for it, the cleans are ****ing superb. Buy an od pedal though, the drive channel isnt that great and cant do anything heavier than classic rock.
Well id sya stay away from an MT-2, get a nice Overdrive pedal.

The ones to check out:
Maxon OD-9
Maxon OD-808
Visual Sound Route 66 or Jekyll and Hyde (the Route 66 is the one im getting)
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone FullDrive 2
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ my custom shop fulldrive 2 mosfet goes amazing with my hod rod deville
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project