hi everyone,

i need help on how to wire my project guitar, simple as you can get, it may get chucked around, i will explain what ive got. one tele bridge pickup (waxwound) with one black and one white wire, with cloth or 'braid' around the outside, which i want to wire up to a single 250k volume pot and then into the input jack.

which wires go where? does it matter?
the resistance of the pickup is 7.7k if this helps anyone.

thanks guys.
afraid i cant find anything to really help on there, it all seems to be for at least 2 pickups with tone controls, and i only need one pickup to volume pot to input, is there any specific way of wiring it? if you could draw up a schematic that would be great, it doesnt have to be over complicated/precise, just to let me know if there is anyting i souldnt do.

thanks
thanks a lot, that should work fine, only difference on the original guitar was that the ground wire was soldered onto a screw in the body then onto the bridge.
mines WAY simpler- it involves less reading!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
thanks, so the black wire from pickup only needs to go to the back of the volume pot, and no where else yeh?
Quote by harry1234
thanks, so the black wire from pickup only needs to go to the back of the volume pot, and no where else yeh?
Yup. To the volume's case. And as long as the "sleeve" from the jack goes to there too, it's all good.
These go to eleven...
thanks a lot, this lot was a big help, i'll maybe post some pics of the finished guitar, its looking quite nice already.