Mine would have to be the first one I ever got. It was a Series A. 'Nuff said.

What's yours?
mine would be my first one too, i think it was called Karera??? idk, it was used and it smelled funny, also it went out of tune with only one strum
my rig

epiphone les paul custom, wine red
marshal MG100HDFX
Epiphone pr5e
ibanze weeping demon wah
Squier Showmaster = biggest peice of **** since I had to clean up my dogs mess

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
my mums old acoustic, i never really played it but i got exited about learning guitar so i tried learning a couple of things on it before mine arrived but the strings are about 10 years old and it wont go in tune no matter how hard you try

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

i had some WEIRD squire bullet one time, the guitar was strat shape but 3/4 the size and it had a telecaster shape headstock 3 single coils it wasnt ****ty but it was my first and lowest quality guitar
Quote by BcRichOwner
my mums old acoustic, i never really played it but i got exited about learning guitar so i tried learning a couple of things on it before mine arrived but the strings are about 10 years old and it wont go in tune no matter how hard you try

Dude, my mums acoustic kicks ass, I still have it, its about 18 years old,

its an Epiphone PR400 acostic and it has the old Epiphone logo!!
Its so cool!

Sorry I went slightly away from the point of this thread

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
Quote by SonOfOsiris
Dude, my mums acoustic kicks ass, I still have it, its about 18 years old,

its an Epiphone PR400 acostic and it has the old Epiphone logo!!
Its so cool!

Sorry I went slightly away from the point of this thread

Haha. It seems every friend of mine whose mom has a guitar, the guitar is sweet. I know like 4 people whose mothers used to play guitar and they all are sweet acoustics.

The worst guitar I had was some Strat knock off. It wasn't even a Squire. I dont know what company it was (It had a globe on the headstock) but it was total ****.
My first guitar was a Squier Bullet in "Don't Shoot Me Orange." Despite it's bad rep., it was actually a pretty sweet little guitar for the price. I gave it a nice retirement when my band played a gig on Memorial Day weekend - we ended the show w/ "Summertime Blues" and I smashed it (a la Pete Townsend). I still have its remains hanging up in my garage.
my first guitar was an epiphone strat copy that i bought from my friend for $75. it was pretty crappy, although at the time i didnt know it
qorst ive had, ive only had 2

mi marshall rockkit guitar and mi Marlin whihc was given to me, the Marlins gotta better neck but goes out of tune so easily, i prefer mi Marshall

the worst guitar ive ever played: Stagg Strat copy, worst piece of ****, the neck felt like it was made of rubber and cardboard
My first guitar was my worst, a Squier Strat. The strings were about 2 miles off the frets. It sucked.
My first guitar.

Starfire strat copy *shudders*
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
My worst guitar was my first electric. A Phoenix stc-33 strat-knockoff. I bought it from a friend really cheap and it sucked major ass. The action was high as f*ck and the neck had started to bend because of the tension of the strings and the guitar didn't have a truss rod so even if it was properly intonated at the 12th fret and in tune a lot of the frets were still way of (up to half a tone too high or low).
some Samick guitar...i never found out the model, it had a real nice maple neck with 24 frets on a rosewood fretboard, but the body was agathis...(im not positive on that)...but my teachers alway said that my guitars neck was really good but the body wasnt so good...so by tht im guessing they meant it was agathis or plywood...2 single coil pickups...and that was it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I've never had a crap guitar. My first one (a Samick) is very good except for the poor trem. Well technically my first guitar was a Yamaha classical, and it's fine. And my moms (now mine) acoustic is very good. I don't know anything about it, but it's definitely of high quality. And now my RG570 just plain kicks ass.
A collins ST100, cheapass strat copy for a sexually suggestive price of 69 euros.

I never actually owned it, but a friend of my dad saw how cheap it was and decided to buy it. Knowing that I wanted an electric guitar, he let me try it. It was CRAP.

No matter what knobs I turned on the guitar or amp, it sounded the same: a terribly thin and dull clean sound. It was alright to play, but it wouldn't stay in tune, the finish was coming off when when scratched it with a pick, even though the guitar was brand new. It felt cheap, as if the neck were to snap off any second.

My parents refused to believe that it was crap, they said that I just suck at guitar.

It was the worst guitar EVER!!!!!!!!!
the worst guitar i have had is the one i have now. i really wanted a gibson faded flying v. then again i might get an esp/ltd truckster or getthew gibson and have emg pickups put in it like kirk was playing in the guitar world issue that they were talking about msater of puppets
My first guitar: Fender Jaguar (pwn'd noobs - it was a 1960's model)

My worst guitar: A Hondo II les paul copy which I modded the crap out of and now play in drop A
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
*Looks down at current guitar*

Yeah, I'd have to go with my Pacifica 012. Though it's my only guitar and has treated me fairly well, the tone leaves something to be desired (namely good tone).
when i just got into guitar i was playing my dads old Barclay acoustic

the strings had a 1/4" action on it lol

it dried up over the years and it was cheap so theres no truss rod adjustment in it.

Got some PRS SEs now
My amazing Westfield, which is a rip-off of a Jackson Dinky. Thing is, despite it being a copy its easy to play and the "crappy" liscensed floyd rose keeps it in tune very well. But then again, I own an Ibanez RG1570 so it never gets played.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
My amazing Westfield, which is a rip-off of a Jackson Dinky. Thing is, despite it being a copy its easy to play and the "crappy" liscensed floyd rose keeps it in tune very well. But then again, I own an Ibanez RG1570 so it never gets played.

so true of many other worthy guitars the 1570 just pwns them all.
bc rich warlock, i hated it. i threw it off my deck lol it never stayed in tune it felt cheap and the pick ups in the bronze serise are compelte s**t
I've never owned a shitty guitar. I didn't pick up guitar until I could buy one myself and I knew what made a guitar a good starter guitar. The worst I have ever played though was a Dean Playmate my school used as "learning" guitars. Only thing I learned was how to not to treat a guitar. Strings that had rust spots on them, constantly out of tune, though I could never tel cause I hadn't developed an ear for tuning yet
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
while it's not exactly crap, i totally hate my ibanez RG7321, it just wrong and sounds dead. it literally has no sustain at all

gear
-Richwood: stratocaster
-Ibanez: RG7321
-Fender: Fm 212R
-Line 6: Floorpod
-Epiphone: G-400
-Squier: P bass
-ESP: LTD MH-50NT
Epiphone SG Special. Basically a plank with strings attached, which appeared to have been assembled with absolutely no care what-so-ever.

You all know how it goes, you're 13, you want a new guitar and you see one that looks real nice. It's a Gibson, so it must be good right? You pay your £130 of long saved pocket money and walk away with something which, when you learn a little more about the instrument you're playing, is a complete piece of garbage.

I still have it, actually - it's in perfect condition too. I couldn't, with good conscience, sell it to someone. It's that bad.

My first guitar, which was a Squier Affinity Strat, still sits in my bedroom. I play it every now and again, too. It plays nicely, and is a good example of how to mass produce budget guitars for beginners - and is actually one hell of a better instrument than the affinity Strats they sell new in 2011. I've never again looked at an Epiphone or a Gibson, never will - doesn't interest me. I bought an ESP Eclipse last week and it's the most beautiful thing I've played, I think that the only American guitar I'd buy brand new in this day and age is a PRS, because quite simply they're just not good enough for the money you'll pay. Japanese guitars are streets ahead.
A Razorback ... true story ...
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
When I bought my first amp,an Acoustic 100 watt Bass amp ,I got a White Hondo Explorer electric thrown in with the deal. It had 1 pick up that was towards the neck and sounded like crap.

The Amp was Awesome though.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
Quote by genespot2
i'm looking for a pr400 acustic epiphone by gibson please inform genespot2

You bump a 5 year old thread to say that? How about please ban genespot2.
i don't think i can really name the "worst" because the reason why i bought every guitar that i own is because there was something i liked about it, from low end squiers to vintage gibsons.

i guess in terms of being problematic and unreliable the worst would be my squier tele custom. that thing never worked properly. but it's not a bad guitar, i guess it just needs a bit of work i could never be arsed to do.

but then, my fender cyclone has hardly been reliable either, but i guess i have a love-hate relationship with that guitar. sometimes i love it so much and play it all the time. other times i won't play it for months because it just let me down at the worst possible time and pissed me off

edit: oh another extreme necro-bump has caught me out. that's twice this week.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 24, 2011,