First things first, I know that it's a bad idea and most will be trying to discourage me from doing it but just hear me out. I've got an edgePro and i want to put it into my strat but that would mean that i would have to drill some holes and take out some wood. Now, most likely if I do get serious about this I will take it to a professional adn have them do it becuase while i have did everything else to it myself that would be going to freakin' far. But here's my question if I wanted to couldn't i just take out one of the springs in the back of my guitar and get locking tuners or a locking nut?

Do locking tuners work good? Does anyone have them? What would you recomend?

Second, and i'll probably make another thread for this later but I found this old Cort guitar in my dads closet and it's really beat up but it has emgs in it and i want to fix it but i don't know the wiring of active pickups. Does anyone that knows about active pickups or have active pickup think that they can help me?

I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

I could really use some ideas.

--Hugo

http://www.myspace.com/turnoffthemoon
Msn: Keishtersheart@hotmail.com
Could you just take out a spring? I guess, but unless the bridge is tilted way back I don't see the point. I also don't see what that and/or locking tuners have to do with anything. I do have a set of Planet Waves locking tuners in my guitar, and I think they'd be just fine with a trem as long as you had a properly cut graphite nut in there. Get rid of the stock plastic nut for sure though.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.