i'm a bit of a distortion junky, i only use it selctively and when needed however i like to have the perfect distortion for each sound. I have 2 DS-1's at the moment and i have two distortion channels on my amp. however i'm now looking for the good old John frusciante tyoe distortion, anybody know what he's using for distortion nowadays, i want something quite dirty, but also quite defined, Nothing too obscure please, not really too bothered about money.
Frusciante tends to use a Big Muff with a wah pedal for most of his solos to get that super fuzzy sound, but i heard that he also uses a ZVex Fuzz Factory as well sometimes. I've got a Big Muff and it does a great RHCP tone, and i've heard nothing but good reviews from the Fuzz Factory, so i'd give 'em a try
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
cool

i'm doing a hell of a lot of pedal building in the summer so i jus want to find what stuff im going to need to build. I should be doing a comp aswel. Any suggestions for them. And will the Muff also produce quite raw sounds?
The muff does more smooth compressed fuzz than raw distortion IMO. Try a ProCo Rat for that sort of sound, it's got more attack and bite to it, with a middy, filtered voice which i hear is pretty unique to it. I havent tried one personally, but i've heard a lot of good reviews of them
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
maybe check out the fuzz face build thread....i will be hopefully starting mine tommorow and i bet you could get a decent frusciante tone out of that with some other pedals
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project