So has anybody tried a Peavey Valveking?
They are pretty cheap and seam to be able to pull off high gain stuff, I've read a review in a French magazine about them, and 600-something ? seems very cheap for an all tube, high gain amp. It seems tough to find a good alltube amp capable of soft and heavy music, without a pedal of course....

Great deal? Or does it suck donkey dick 'cos it's made in China?

Testimonials please
The amp is not made for high gain...its built for classic crunch...and IMO i dont really like them because i feel there is a lack of clarity to the tone...to muddy for my taste

The peavey classic will give you the same tonal range...only with more clarity and w/out all the muddiness that the valveking has.

you will need an overdrive or tubescreamer or some other kind of pedal to make it really high gain though.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
yes don't worry I know the Classic by heart I play on it!

I was just surprised to see a high gain all tube amp at that price, and thought that buying it would be a great deal (even though I'm not really looking for an amp at the moment)
Obviously I was wrong!
But please is someone else has something to say....
it has a bit more gain than the classic IMO (or, at least, the tone doesn't mud up or change just as early when you increase the gain).

But yeah, i prefer the classic 30 for near enough everything... if you have one, a valveking would be a step down, or a step sideways, at very, very best.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?