I apologise for this, I'm a bit of a chord dunce

Nyways, am I right with the names of these that I've got? If not, what are they?

e-----
B--1--
G--2--
D--2--
A--X--
E--4--

Am/G#?

e----
B--1
G--0
D--2
A--X
E--3

C/G?

e--
B--1
G--2
D--0
A--X
E--2

Am7/F#?

Any help much appriciated.
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
I'd call them... (Bearing in mind I don't know what context you're using them in, and I'm just going off first glance)
  • C6.
  • C Major.
  • D7.
Quote by Glory_Box
I apologise for this, I'm a bit of a chord dunce

Nyways, am I right with the names of these that I've got? If not, what are they?

e-----
B--1--
G--2--
D--2--
A--X--
E--4--

Am/G#?

e----
B--1
G--0
D--2
A--X
E--3

C/G?

e--
B--1
G--2
D--0
A--X
E--2

Am7/F#?

Any help much appriciated.

I agree with your first and second. Your third one I'd call D7/F#.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Johnljones7443
I'd call them... (Bearing in mind I don't know what context you're using them in, and I'm just going off first glance)
  • C6.
  • C Major.
  • D7.

C6? what about the g# in it??
I think there are a few ways to describe these chords, but typically I would classify them as slash chords (just as the threadstarted did) and at a quick glance, they look correct to me.

I can't finger that Am/G# very well.... but it seems like it wouldn't sound that great anyway. What about a normal G note (since it's in the key of Am and G# is not). I don't think that Am and G# are diatonic to any key -- although I may be wrong.

Either way... nice job identifying them.
To get the Am/G# I've tuned to E Ab D G B e, so I play it as:

e----
B--1--
G--2--
D--2--
Ab-0--
E-----

I've written a song which basically goes down chromatically from B to F# (relative to capo on 2nd fret). It sounds alright to me.
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
I agree with your first and second. Your third one I'd call D7/F#.

Calling it /F# is redundant since there's already an F# in a D7--this particular one is merely inverted.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬