Hey everyone. I was wanting to know your thoughts about the Gripmaster Exercise Tool........ If any of you know about it threw experiance or have a friend, please talk to me about it. I was wanting to get one to build my finger strenght up so i could shred a bit better.....As some of you may konw, there are three different ones:
Yellow- Extra Light (3lbs.)
Blue- Light (5lbs.)
Red- Medium (7lbs.)

There are several reviews about this item on musicians friend.....:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gripmaster-Exercise-Tool?sku=429070

So please check it out. And tell me what you think. And which one is a better buy.....
Thanx,
FT
Flash "Lightning" Thompson from Lifeless
Soulshredder from Beyond the Broken
MAIN Gear:
Gibson SG '61 Reissue Cherry Finish
Crate XT15R Combo
DigiTech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor
i dont have one but according to my teacher he seems to think that it doesnt work the right muscles and tought me a few good exercises that you can do with just your hands

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

If you have your guitar near you just play it instead. The thing is useful if you don't have anything to do and don't have your guitar though
just play your guitar......also the medium tension was just bull**** from what i heard
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
my honest opinion is, dont be lazy, get off of UG and play your guitar!, honestly there is no better substitute, playing you guitar not only improves finger strength but improves your whole playing style and makes you a better guitarist. I dont think its worth wasting money on stuff like that, only today i thought some Vai lick was literally impossible to play but do it slowly and keep doing it, i found it amazing how i felt like i could actually feel my fingers getting stronger and the span of my hand seemed to be increasing!
I bought one and it didn't show any noticeable difference. I also bought the callous builders which also didn't work. It is much better to just play your guitar.
Dude, increasing the finger tension to the fretboard may decrease your speed and create unwanted hammer-ons and pull-offs....................

Playing the traditional 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234 fingering exercise is the best way IMO !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I'd buy one for when I'm not playing guitar.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Well then is there any other exercise tool of some kind that i could get for when i dont have a guitar around that would be more effective than the Gripmaster?
Flash "Lightning" Thompson from Lifeless
Soulshredder from Beyond the Broken
MAIN Gear:
Gibson SG '61 Reissue Cherry Finish
Crate XT15R Combo
DigiTech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor
maybe one of those squeeze things for excersing ya know the one with the spring and the two handles or maybe a tennis ball??
Quote by guitar_DUDE14
I was wanting to get one to build my finger strenght up so i could shred a bit better.....

Forget about that stupid $20 Gimmic. What you need to do is spend more time with your fingers on the fretboard... if you really feel as though you need to build up Strength in your fingers, go to Sports Authority, buy a Tube of 3 Tennis Balls & Squeeze that with your left hand...That's what I did...& then I Eventually just stopped caring what other people thought entirely...I took all of the Veriaty out of my wardrobe (Black Jeans, Black T-Shirt, High Black Work Boots Every Da) & I Bring my Guitar with me to College (Classes) & Every time I Have a break between classes...the frets are in one-hand, One of those Killer New Snarling Dog Brain Picks (with the Grip stamped into them ) in my other hand, & that's the way I live my life...My Guitar in one hand, My Girlfriend Megan in the other, Behind the wheel of a '74 Chevelle... & I'm Happy...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
My Guitar in one hand, My Girlfriend Megan in the other, Behind the wheel of a '74 Chevelle...

you must cause a lot of accidents.
GODDDD.... you guys are SSOOO annoying!! "ugh... we're REAL guitarist so we don't use any tools! we're SO cool!!"
what don't u get..?! people have lives!! they don't sit there and live their life with a guitar attached to their waist, like some losers do! i LOOOOVVEEE guitar... but don't sit here and tell me that getting this thing would be stupid cuz playing a real guitar is better!
DDUUUHHH!!!! playin a guitar is better!!!! Here you go Einstein... He's your award for being SO f'ing smart and cool!! But for us ppl who want to improve during the time we're taking care of our lives, the GripMaster is a genius invention!!!
You guys ruin blogs with your self-centered opinions... If someone asks a question.. Politely answer, or just dont respond!! It's THAT easy!!!
You, so called, "Rockers" are starting to give musicians a bad name... You really do think you're so much cooler with your unnecessary pride, built with the unnecessary time you put into your instrument! I guarantee I haven't obsessed half as much as most of you guys, and I bet I can play better, and have a better judgement of music. Why, you might as... BECAUSE I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, unlike you f**ks who are so stuck in your cocky, overconfident, stuck up ways
Quote by Astoria426
You, so called, "Rockers" are starting to give musicians a bad name... You really do think you're so much cooler with your unnecessary pride, built with the unnecessary time you put into your instrument! I guarantee I haven't obsessed half as much as most of you guys, and I bet I can play better, and have a better judgement of music. Why, you might as... BECAUSE I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, unlike you f**ks who are so stuck in your cocky, overconfident, stuck up ways

lul.

Cool necro bro.
wtf happened here
don't use tools designed for piano hand conditioning for guitar.

those things don't even work the right muscles.

shut up astoria you don't know jack.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
but if you want one, I have the red one thats been in my closet for like 8 years cause someone gave it to me as a gift. ill selll it reaaaaaaaal cheap. like cost of shipping cheap
These things are marketed towards age 55+ golfers too. I have one,, never use it cause it's a joke. Also negs for necro
Quote by Astoria426
GODDDD.... you guys are SSOOO annoying!! "ugh... we're REAL guitarist so we don't use any tools! we're SO cool!!"
what don't u get..?! people have lives!! they don't sit there and live their life with a guitar attached to their waist, like some losers do! i LOOOOVVEEE guitar... but don't sit here and tell me that getting this thing would be stupid cuz playing a real guitar is better!
DDUUUHHH!!!! playin a guitar is better!!!! Here you go Einstein... He's your award for being SO f'ing smart and cool!! But for us ppl who want to improve during the time we're taking care of our lives, the GripMaster is a genius invention!!!
You guys ruin blogs with your self-centered opinions... If someone asks a question.. Politely answer, or just dont respond!! It's THAT easy!!!

Dumbest 4 year old bump ever.

And so this isn't spam, *reported*