Page 1 of 3
Wow. I just got back from Guitar Center. I bought a Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom 24 Ten-Top 20th Anniversary Edition guitar. Im in love. Best guitar I have played. Sounds and feels absolutely the best. And I cant even believe the price I got it for. I am in Florida but earlier someone posted a 20% of coupon for Guitar Center valid only in California. I was so upset that I was in Florida, but I decided to go and try it out. The guy gave me 20% off of the guitar! This is Ten-Top and 20th Anniversary and the 20% off brought me down to the price of a normal Custom 24. After tax and everything though it came to around $2500 which is a great deal. Please tell me what to name this beauty!?!? Here are some pictures:

Wow...
Skippertipper.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Wow thats really nice, ive always liked prs but as for a name i cant help you there

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

if i owned that i would call it sunset....the color after all.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
I dont normally name guitars, but this one is special so I have to. My firend with a Gibson Les Paul named his Lessy. But mine doesnt have any sort of name in there so I cant do it that way.

And by the way, I totally recommend this guitar for ANNNNYYYone. Its way better than Gibson Les Pauls so if you have the money, and you find it in good condition, buy it! I love the Hot Vintage pickups in it too.
wow, beautiful man, congrats.

dumb question, but how do you select between the hums?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

Its a rotary switch. Theres Volume knob, Tone knob, and then Rotary Pickup Selection knob. Its a 5 way switching. With coil tapping in the 5 way switch.
How about "La Aguila Caliente"?
Rest assured, that with a heart that's pure, we'll be victorious and not let our hate get the best of us.
very nice indeed. You must not be able to put that thing down. My friend has the Tremonti, and I can't put it down when I go over his house. That is basically the guitar I'm working towards. People were telling me the Custom 22 sounded slightly different from the Custom 24, something about where the pickups fall under the harmonics. Did you play both, and did you notice any difference? I've wanted the Custom 24, because I want the 24 frets, but my friend was trying to convince me otherwise. Congrats again man, she's a beauty.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Zazu, like the bird from the Lion King. JK.

Like someone above me said go with the bird theme to match the inlays. Those are really cool.

First bird that comes to mind is albatross, because of Echoes. However, I don't think that's a very good guitar name. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, sadly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
none of you know how to name a guitar heres how its done:
bird inlays: bird inlay
rosewood fretboard: rosewood fretboard
sunburst color: sunburst color
double-cut: double cut
silver hardware: silver hardware
paul reed smith: paul reed smith
now what do you get?..."bird inlay rosewood fretboard sunburst color double cut silver hardware paul reed smith custom 24 Ten-Top 20th Anniversary Guitar."
Theres the name...Enjoy
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by Erock503
very nice indeed. You must not be able to put that thing down. My friend has the Tremonti, and I can't put it down when I go over his house. That is basically the guitar I'm working towards. People were telling me the Custom 22 sounded slightly different from the Custom 24, something about where the pickups fall under the harmonics. Did you play both, and did you notice any difference? I've wanted the Custom 24, because I want the 24 frets, but my friend was trying to convince me otherwise. Congrats again man, she's a beauty.

I tried both and at first I liked the Custom 22 because it had the open-humbuckers that were Hotter sounding and I thought the Custom 24 came with the covered humbuckers which are the Dragon IIs. I liked the Hot Vintage pickups in the 22 but wanted 24 frets. Then I saw this one and thought it was a Custom 22 because of the pickups, but it was the 24. I was like.. "Awsome! thats how I wanted it to be!". The pickups in this one are awsome. Definatley buy this guitar.
i have a great one. How about "GoGoMojo".

Thats what my friend named his anyway...
That's like exactly like mine, god dammit. Violin amber, 10 top, abalone birds. I put the ebony buttons on though.

clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Wow that is very close! Yours has the switch for pickup selection, though, instead of the rotary selector which means yours doesnt have coil tapping. Wow but seriously we have nice guitars! lol. How do you like yours? How old is it? What pickups are on yours? Mine are the HFS (Hot, Fat, Screamer) treble pickup and the Vintage bass pickup.
Yea I hated the Rotary, installed a 3-way switch, and put a push pull tone pot for the coil tap. 2005, 20th anniv. with the stock HFS and VB pickups, I was comparing them and my Ibanez and it kicks the tonezones ass lol, it's so much clearer and punchier.

I've gigged with mine though alot so it's got some dents and ****, she's my baby though.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
Haha. yea the rotary is a bit annoying but whatever. ok so you still have the coil tap. mine is 2005 20th anniversary too, with the same pickups. wow ok our guitars are identical pretty much! Yea the pickups are freaking incredible. Im not taking mine out of the hard shell case unless I am playing her.
Yea I got over that after about two months. Slapped some 10-52s, down to C standard, ripping the Arch Enemy.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
Quote by Erock503

The third knob is actually a pickup selector, not a tone/volume adjustment. It's a 5 position rotary switch. That's stock on PRS Customs and Standards, but I got rid of mine in favor of a 3 way, McCarty style.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by JimiMan1535
Yea I got over that after about two months. Slapped some 10-52s, down to C standard, ripping the Arch Enemy.

haha. sweet. im taking care of it, but im still playing it like i would be if it was my other guitar. not that i play it hard, i just dont worry about it and play like i always have.
Quote by Dirk Gently
The third knob is actually a pickup selector, not a tone/volume adjustment. It's a 5 position rotary switch. That's stock on PRS Customs and Standards, but I got rid of mine in favor of a 3 way, McCarty style.

I was looking at the McCarty because I liked the switch and the push and pull tone knob, but the McCarty just doesnt compare to the Custom 22/24s. You did what JimiMan did.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I was looking at the McCarty because I liked the switch and the push and pull tone knob, but the McCarty just doesnt compare to the Custom 22/24s. You did what JimiMan did.

Well, not exactly. And I think the McCarty archtop is a better guitar than the Custom. I took the HFS/VB combo out of my Standard 24 in favor of 2 McCarty pickups. I think it's more versatile that way. I like sweeter cleans than the stock pickups could afford me. And a Custom 22 is a lot closer soundwise to the McCarty than the Custom 24 is since it uses Dragon series pickups. I think the 3 way + coil splitting option offers better tone variety than the phasing/coil-splitting that the rotary switch offers.
Hi, I'm Peter
I despise the Mccarty lol. Massive heel like the one on the 22, doesn't have locking tuners, and ugh that rap around, not to mention it's thicker and heavier. The only thing it has going for it is the pickups.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
Different strokes for different brushes I'm no shredder, so I don't spend a whole lot of time above the 15th fret, or enough of it to really care about heel size. The only downside I can really think of is the wrap-around bridge, but you can get nice adjustable replacements. I don't even care that it has regular tuners. Locking tuners are only really important when you have a trem anyway, but you know that.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jun 22, 2006,
Quote by JimiMan1535
I despise the Mccarty lol. Massive heel like the one on the 22, doesn't have locking tuners, and ugh that rap around, not to mention it's thicker and heavier. The only thing it has going for it is the pickups.

yea, and i like the HFS and Vintage pickups better anyways. its all preference i guess but i think the Custom 24 is better than the McCarty, personally.

Quote by Dirk Gently
Different strokes for different brushes

yup
Yep. After having that CE-24 I'm pissed that PRS changed the neck design. The old ones had like no heel, super sleek thinner neck, it's quite an experience. Still great guitars none the less.

clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
damn, thats one of the nicest tops ive seen. normally the flames are way offline from half to half. yours looks like they actually put effort in matching the two halves up haha. here are some name ideas:
skyy: if she is a dirty ***** of a guitar which everyone gets to play
adelle: if she is a classy, somewhat french, guitar
betty: its just prefect if you say mmmmmmmm before the name. mmmmmmm betty (like what that guy from Kung Pao: Enter the Fist says, that weird kungfoo movie where the guy fights the cow)
Im terrible with names. Thats why my guitar doesnt have a name haha. Anyways, you got yourself a sweet new toy. enjoy!
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Page 1 of 3