Any y'all fans of the shoegaze? I love M83, Versoma, and My Bloody Valentine. Very easy to listen music.
^ Shoegaze is a genre Brian.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Wow, not the thread I expected from "xgrindcorex". Anyhow, my lack of genrical knowledge kinda impairs me on this front, so I'll just piss off.
There's a shoegaze band called Serena Maneesh and their recent debut s/t album is a massive hit with critics (88 average on metacritic.) Plus they're from Norway and I don't know of any other good norwegian bands. Listen to the song "Drain Cosmetics."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=28611468
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Jun 22, 2006,
Quote by andrewbiles
^ Shoegaze is a genre Brian.

Oh...

Sorry, ignore my ignorance.

Hey, I never noticed the connection between those 2 words before....

Anyway, yeah, I feel stupid now.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by scoob666
Isn't shoegaze very similar to some forms of post-rock, in the sort of Explosions In The Sky/Redjetson/65daysofstatic type vein?

shoegazing is more traditional songs with effect driven guitars and lead riffs having a major part where as post-rock is some what seen as rock music written nontraditionally, such as lack of riffs, with nontraditional instruments. some bands do mix the two, but most fit into one or the other.

that's probably a horrible way of trying to explain it, but it's the best i can do right now.
Last edited by starsnostars at Jun 23, 2006,
I consider The Rós (Sigur) to be shoegaze worthy.

Biggest shoegaze band since The Boo Radleys? I would like to think so.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Quote by Aka55
autolux. yum.

There's a shoegaze band called Serena Maneesh and their recent debut s/t album is a massive hit with critics (88 average on metacritic.) Plus they're from Norway and I don't know of any other good norwegian bands. Listen to the song "Drain Cosmetics."

Both got very good albums. Autolux is easier to sit down and listen to at any point during the day though, 'Serena Maneesh' is just very powerful.
Was never the biggest shoegaze fan. Stuff like My Bloody Valentine, Galaxie 500 and Catherine Wheel have never had too much appeal with me as it seems others. Although people like Spiritualized, The Boo Radleys and the previously quoted do float my boat for some reason.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
well i like autolux.

Not really sure how m83 could be considered shoegaze as they just rock hard AND fast. if you know what i mean WINK
i like autolux. : ) My Bloody Valentine and The Boo Radleys are delicious as well. I've only heard a little of Serena Maneesh and I don't own the album but I liked what I heard. Aaaaand...I've heard, like, one Asobi Seksu song that I liked a lot. Some of Brian Jonestown Massacre too.

I'm not huge into it but I like it because it's really aesthetically pleasing.
....and if you'll excuse me i was kind of busy getting over you.