would a MIM telecaster with new pups, tuners, and other stuff last me my whole life?
I don't jump around when I go to shows.
Depends on how picky you are as far as guitars go and how well you treat it.

If you find one that plays well enough why not?
I'd say Fender are built pretty well too (if not you can create a frankenstein guitar when it begins to fall apart)
If you take care of it, keep it protected, and maintain it, absolutely. Even a stock MIM Tele can last you forever. Although they can be even more excellent guitars with a few small upgrades like you mentioned.

Basically, as long as you take care of it well, it will last.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yes, but be careful... You can't just buy one!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
dude, just because its made in mexico doesn't exactly mean its a Piece of sh!t and will fall apart within a year. they are perfectly fine. My strat is a 1993 mexi strat, its 13 years old and its still perfectly fine.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

hmm i'm picky and the fact that the fretwork on the MIMs isn't as nice is getting to me. the bigger, better polished frets of american, highway 1, and some of the other mid price fenders really puts them above for me because you can fret them a lot more cleanly, and they're so much smoother... maybe get the frets smoothed/polished, it'll be just perfect then. My friend's dad has a MIM strat with polished frets and fretboard, and it's very nice. That's just my one gripe about MIM's, the frets aren't polished well. If you're gonna have that guitar forever, it pays to be picky. Get it worked on, or save for another guitar.
i have a mexican telecaster with a custom paint job, two humbuckers, grover machine heads, and (obviously) a new bridge plate. i'd take it over a $2500 gibson any day.
If you don't beat the sh*t out of it, than it'll last.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Dan Steinman
hmm i'm picky and the fact that the fretwork on the MIMs isn't as nice is getting to me. the bigger, better polished frets of american, highway 1, and some of the other mid price fenders really puts them above for me because you can fret them a lot more cleanly, and they're so much smoother... maybe get the frets smoothed/polished, it'll be just perfect then. My friend's dad has a MIM strat with polished frets and fretboard, and it's very nice. That's just my one gripe about MIM's, the frets aren't polished well. If you're gonna have that guitar forever, it pays to be picky. Get it worked on, or save for another guitar.

1. I've owned two MIMs and played a bunch of others.. None of them had any frets that stuck out on the edge, all very smooth. To me, they were the same as the American I now own. As far as anything else is concerned with frets, I'm really new so I don't know how to tell. What else do you look for when looking at frets? What does fret dressing mean?

2. MIMs come with medium-jumbo frets just like the American ones.