Does any one no what guitar this is...its a steve vai signature and its black..it has vines in the middle of the neck and on the 24th fret it says steve vai... i have been looking all over the internet for this guitar and i have come up blank...i would pretty much br very happy if any one could help me out
Last edited by chrisjandreau at Jun 22, 2006,
jem 555?

i'd avoid it, it's a cheap version. get an rg1570 instead, and change the pickups to dimarzio evolutions, if you want the steve vai tone, but on a better guitar (which'll work out the same price, or cheaper, even with the pickup swap).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its probably an imitation. Ive never seen a jem that said Steve Vai on the 12th fret...and theres alot of people that are selling copies of jems that are pure crap out there.

get a RG1570 or maybe an old RG550.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Quote by MorbidAngel333
Its probably an imitation. Ive never seen a jem that said Steve Vai on the 12th fret...and theres alot of people that are selling copies of jems that are pure crap out there.

get a RG1570 or maybe an old RG550.

yeah 12th fret would be wrong, just realised that. 24th fret is where its at on the 555
http://www.ibanez.com/support/counterfeits.asp
http://www.ibanezrules.com/fakes.htm

Still avoid if its a real one, and listen to the RG1570 idea
^ yeah, good point, i didn't notice that either.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how stupid is this Chinese fake? once you lock down the nut youll be sharp or flat with no fine tuners
^ amazing, that's the best one yet.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
who knows, maybe they invented some new kind of fine tuner system thats mounted in that back of the guitar