helo thar!
lately, i've had all this time on my hands, so i have more oppurtunities than usual to practice...my daily regimen usually consists of warming up for about 15 minutes and going straight into exercises to build technique...the amount of exercises available, however, are overwhelming, especially the chromatics...i already have exercises for legato, sweep picking, and string skipping, i'm just looking for a few other possibilites for overall technique-building exercises that would be considered vital for someone who is looking to gain speed...i've been working with chromatics like 1-2-3-4, 2-1-3-4, etc...but i really don't want to go through all 24 possible combinations to a metronome everyday, so i just wanted to get a few opinions on some necessary exercises i should use...i'd say less than 10, but if they're very useful then i would appreciate if you shared them...if it helps (or if it isn't apparent) i play mostly metal, classical, and shred, but also mix it with slow blues-style playing...i'm focusing on speed and technique, and looking to cut down on the exercises to only a few...any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
thank you, very helpful
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.