hey guys i just made an improv over a lydian scale playing just the A7 chord.... so could you guyz check it out and see if its right because i cant tell if it is...if it isnt can i get some feedback on what im doing worng in the mode... 1 or 2 mess ups but idc im just worried about the mode..

Its Lydian A7 improv
http://cdsl.dmusic.com/
It doesn't work. ^True, the leading note would sound better over a major chord instead of a b7 chord.
play the lydian over a maj7 chord or a straight major chord. the A7 doesnt work because A lydian contains a G# (the major 7th) which will contrast harshly with the G (the dominant 7th) of the A7 chord.
if you want improv over an A7 with a Lydian you would play a lydian mode starting from D
but i would recoment a Blues Scale Dorian or Mixolydian

Angus-

ps- lydian is really close to major so i don't prefer to use it in a blues style
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
You could try A lydian dominant. It's A lydian, with a flat 7 instead of a major 7: in this case, a G instead of a G#. The #4 would function as a b5 I guess, it might give a bluesy sound if you use it right.
Quote by psychodelia
You could try A lydian dominant. It's A lydian, with a flat 7 instead of a major 7: in this case, a G instead of a G#. The #4 would function as a b5 I guess, it might give a bluesy sound if you use it right.

Exactly what I was going to say. Lydian Dominant is a very cool sounding scale.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com