I did a search, but it didnt really help much. Is there any way to add an effects loop to my amp? I want to get a G-Major, but i have to have an effects loop to use it.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
well there is a way to do it, but theres no way you could do it by yourself ( unless you have pretty good electrical knowledge ) talk to a pro and he could do it pretty easily probably, or, id be easier if you just got an amp with one, unless you have a very nice amp ( which im guessing you dont )
yeah, my amp isnt very nice, so i guess i will have to take it to a pro, it would probably cost an arm and a leg though...

EDIT:I'm fairly sure that, if someone could tell me exactly what to do, i could do it myself.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Last edited by Wells902 at Jun 22, 2006,
whats your amp?

maybe talk to that pink queen about it?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

^its an Ibanez practice amp, and yeah, I think I'll talk to him about it.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Don't bother, just plug it into in front of the amp and use the clean channel.

Its not worth it IMO, save the money for a nicer amp later
^it says i cant, "You cannot connect a guitar or bass directly into the G-Major", direct from the tc electronic website.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by Wells902
^it says i cant, "You cannot connect a guitar or bass directly into the G-Major", direct from the tc electronic website.

then it's easier to make a small preamp or a DI for it instead of implementing an effects loop
^and how would I do that?
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
well, i don't know anytwell, i don't know anything about the g-major, but i think the reason that you can't plug a guitar in it is an impedance mismatch. a pick has a high output impedance, so you have to connect you guitar to an imput with a high impedance. professional audio equipment usually have a low impedant line input to supress noise. i you connect high impedance equipment to it your signal's gone. so you want a device that changes a high impedace output to a low impedance, a DI is designed for that. a passive DI-box is the most easy to use, click the link for how to make a DI-box

http://sound.westhost.com/project35.htm

i never tried this, so if you make it, let me now how it turns out.

another sollution is of course to buy a DI
^thank you so much for the help, I think ill email tc electronics about this.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
A Google search led me to this thread.

I'm having a similar problem with my G-Major. I have a Marshall JCM 800 4212 50w combo, made in 1989. This line of Marshalls were the first to incorporate split channels and effects loops.

Anyway, I just bought a G-major, but there seems to be an impedence mismatch with the amp's effects loop. I'm getting a low signal with LOTS of hiss. My older rack effects work fine in the loop, but not the G-Major. Also, the G-Major works fine in my newer Marshall's loop (1997 JCM 900), but I don't like that amp nearly as much as the 800.

Any ideas on how to get the impedences matched up?
Last edited by TheEnemyWithin at Mar 1, 2007,