Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the clarity of notes with distortion. Like playing a riff in distortion, but so the notes don't continue to ring and it doesn't sound like a big mess.
I do a lot of direct recording with my POD XT. My technique is relatively built up for that kind of thing, it's just I don't get tat smooth sound that I really want.
The type of distortion and type of amp (in your case the amp model you use). I've noticed with a lot of modeling products (Line 6 POD, many multi-effects pedals) that their distortion sounds like it is laid ontop of your guitar noise... so like instead of "changing" your guitars sound, it only masks it, creating a big fuzzy mess of bullkrap.
Perhaps palm muting could help.

EDIT: Light Palm Muting.
Last edited by LJTPerry at Jun 22, 2006,
I like how I baked cookies described it....modellers an their own (like the POD) have a fairly poor tone....especially the distortion, which is more like a buzz than a heavy distortion.

There really isn't much you can do. Get a better setup. Or EQ the modeller more...maybe a different model....do not scoop your mids!
no matter the equipment you must learn to let only the desired notes ring thru fret and pick hand positioning
Zoom make pretty nice multi-effect pedals
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Quote by FadingRoots

That's great, but that doesn't really have anything to do with anything.
Originally Posted by FadingRoots

1. not really
2. that was random
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?