Hi, I was listening to some Armik´s song and he uses a lot tremolo.

I thought tremolo could only be done with a pick. How can he tremolo using is bare fingers????? Wich fingers he use?

I find very hard to tremolo using the tradicional 1 finger per string. He must use more than 1 finger per string. What do you guys think? Thank´s in advance.
You mean tremolo picking? Cos that's easy with bare fingers for me. Try putting your fingers into a shape like you were holding a pick. That should be easier.
No.
Use three or four fingers. It takes a lot of practice to get down. I assume your talking about the flamenco style tremolo.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
its not flamenco style, tremolo is used for classical as well. there is 2, 3, and 4 note tremolos.
4 note- P I A M I
3 note- P A M I
2 note- P M I
You could play it with a pick and your ring and pinky finger. One of the Beatles songs is originally played that way but I can't remember which one. And if the Beatles did it then its cool. So if you can pull it off you would be cool like the Beatles. But my friend can play that way. He also has been playing forever and has a degree in music and classical guitar.
Quote by Mosrite
its not flamenco style, tremolo is used for classical as well. there is 2, 3, and 4 note tremolos.
4 note- P I A M I
3 note- P A M I
2 note- P M I

booya
What's with 'traditional one finger per string'? If you're 'assigning' one finger to each string, then I'm afraid you need to break out of that learning model as it doesn't apply except in the most basic instances. Even a simple grade 1 classical guitar piece will require more than that concept.

Interesting answers I see here. LOL.. Tremolo with fingers has been around for longer than the guitar pick itself.

pima - used in the classical guitar trademark piece, Recuerdos de la Alhambra
pmi - used in Asturias by Albeniz
piami or pamim - used as a staple technique in flamenco guitar

The finger a,m and i all play the same string per 'set' of tremolo. The thumb (p) plays the melody on lower strings.

To go into detail on this seemingly simple technique can take up to a book itself.
Sorry to bump this topic, very old, but I was wondering if you can use this technique with a steel string guitar. I dont have access to a nylon but i still play classical music :P
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Yes Of course you can play on steel strings. However it screws my picking nails up so I generally don't like doing it especially before an exam. Yes, tremolos are quite easy to pull off using fingers.
Quote by imLoUsY
What's with 'traditional one finger per string'? If you're 'assigning' one finger to each string, then I'm afraid you need to break out of that learning model as it doesn't apply except in the most basic instances. Even a simple grade 1 classical guitar piece will require more than that concept.

Interesting answers I see here. LOL.. Tremolo with fingers has been around for longer than the guitar pick itself.

pami - used in the classical guitar trademark piece, Recuerdos de la Alhambra
pmi - used in Asturias by Albeniz
piami or pamim - used as a staple technique in flamenco guitar

The finger a,m and i all play the same string per 'set' of tremolo. The thumb (p) plays the melody on lower strings.

To go into detail on this seemingly simple technique can take up to a book itself.

I've never seen anyone play Recuerdos by using pima
Quote by jim morrison714
I've never seen anyone play Recuerdos by using pima

only for practice I'd think, it's very hard.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
only for practice I'd think, it's very hard.

Im currently working on Recuedo's, and my teacher is getting me to practice the tremmelo PIMA for a few weeks, as it smooths out the tremmelo.... Then you go back to the PAMI....

Whilst we are on the topic of tremmelo...

Barrios's Un sueño en la floresta > Recuedos
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
agreed ^ How good is "La Catedral" The only guitar composers that come anywhere near close to Barrios's genius is Joquin Rodrigo in my opinion
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.