Righto, without slagging me off and being sympathetic to the fact ive bought a spider ii 210 without thinking about the lack of pedal versatility, could someone help me out please?

I'm sort of a noob to guitar but when it comes to amps, im even worse. I bought a line 6 spider ii 210 cos i liked the tone on a few of the presets, i totally forgot that modelling amps suffer with pedals... is there any pedal out there that can work around this and still provide decent tone with a modelling amp? I wanted the line6 Pod XT live but I think that's out of the window now if I still want good tone.
I would imagine you can bypass the FX on the amp. I have a Behringer with modeling and I can get a deecnt tone with my DL-4 and OD-20 running through it.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
No no no, I mean like, actually turn off the FX.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
hmmmm... I have an VOX AD-50 and every pedal ive played so far sounds fine (compared with my Hot Rod Deville).
My experience includes 10+ pedals.

So that pretty much shoots your theory to hell....Pedals make your amp sound bad because its a Line 6...and Line 6 usually is shoddy, not to mention its a Spider II which guarantees it.

Also when i say usually shoddy, im exluding the maybe 1 pedal and 2 amps they make that dont suck.

Sorry, I got a thing against line 6
A spider II may sound alright on it's own, but hearing it beside a real amp shows its flaws. I saw a friend's band where one guitarist had a 6505+ and the other a Spider II halfstack. The 6505+ beat the Spider II in every respect possible, by a large margin.

Yeah, modelling amps basically just don't take pedals very well. Wahs and delays and reverbs and such are fine, distortion not so much, and apparently something like a flanger just makes it go crazy.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust