Okay, i'm thinking of a pickup change. I think im getting an emerald bareknuckle for my neck positions, i like its bite. But im unsure about what to get for my bridge. I want something that is as warm and thin-sounding as possible, to get as close to the single-coil sound as possible with a humbucker.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by taper_fra_nord at Jun 22, 2006,
Warm and thin sounding don't usually go together...
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
To get the sound you're looking for, you'll have to do a simple modification. Buy a vintage, low output humbucker -- preferably something with an alnico II magnet(s) -- and install a push-pull pot for coil tapping. That way you'll be able to turn one coil off and get the single coil sound. Or you can wire it for in phase/out of phase, which out of phase results in a nasal, thin sound. Then you can get warmer, full humbucker tones by turning the coil splitting or out of phase off.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ that's what I'd do (coil tap). Or you could even have both (tap and phase)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Dirk Gently
To get the sound you're looking for, you'll have to do a simple modification. Buy a vintage, low output humbucker -- preferably something with an alnico II magnet(s) -- and install a push-pull pot for coil tapping. That way you'll be able to turn one coil off and get the single coil sound. Or you can wire it for in phase/out of phase, which out of phase results in a nasal, thin sound. Then you can get warmer, full humbucker tones by turning the coil splitting or out of phase off.

Good call. The Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro might be a good choice for that.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Quote by Dirk Gently

Okay, thanks man : ) Okay, i was thinking of ordering an emerald for the neck position (bareknuckle) and maybe a mule with the coil splitting feature for the bridge position. Does that sound okay?