too much for what it does
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
^Eh? Dual Recto is a great amp! However, there are much better ones for much less. Laney GH50, for example...

Anyways, the best price I've probably seen was about $850USD or so on ebay. New? Probably almost 2.5x that.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
new is about $1600, used is about $800-$1200
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
^Eh? Dual Recto is a great amp! However, there are much better ones for much less. Laney GH50, for example...

Anyways, the best price I've probably seen was about $850USD or so on ebay. New? Probably almost 2.5x that.

there good amps, i agree. built like a tank. BUT! all it does is hardcore, mind numbing, bone smashing overdrive with less than average cleans. like you also said, better amps out there that at least try for a middle ground...

but if you're into amps that cover up your mistakes with insane gain, mesa is where its at.

i'm done ranting
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
if your going mesa look into the lonestar mark IV and the stilletto...much more versatile amps still capable of higher gain tones
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
i am a huge fan of the mark series, especially mark iic+ and iv. too bad they are expensive but Im saving for one. i think the dual recto is just as expensive tho. it has a distinctively different voicing from other mesa amps. im not a huge fan of it but its not like it sounds bad. i really like the dual recto/mesa mark amp combo that john petrucci used in his rack. i was at the mesa boogie store in hollywood and saw the dual recto for a lil under 2k. i think it came with footswitch and cover but no cabinet. also it costs more for the cool diamond plating haha
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Mesa sets their prices...sooo what you see in one store will be the same as another, that is, if its brand new. Used, anywhere from like 1000-1400 USD.

Quote by DunlopGuy

And what is that?
It's $1699 in all Guitar Center stores. I bought an '02 model (from what I was told) off of eBay. I paid $1100 for it. It's in damn near mint condition and I wanted it right then. So I bought it. Now my foot pedal is shorting out!!! So uh, get a new one, man.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by DunlopGuy

Its an all tube amp thats loud as hell with pretty good cleans and the most bone crushing distortion on the planet and it has 3 channels and 8 modes and a bold spongy variac and easy biasing and a very attractive look.
But at that price i bet you want it to wipe your ass and play guitar for you.
Quote by Vomitorator
Its an all tube amp thats loud as hell with pretty good cleans and the most bone crushing distortion on the planet and it has 3 channels and 8 modes and a bold spongy variac and easy biasing and a very attractive look.
But at that price i bet you want it to wipe your ass and play guitar for you.

LMAO