So i watched the lesson on this site about tapping, and i have down the basics, but i need to know a good tapping riff to start with.

Any Ideas??
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
first tapping song i leanred was Lip Gloss And Black by Atreyu. easy and sounds good, i guess. and usually atreyu solos have some tapping involved in them
ok Thanks, im becoming a huge atreyu fan so this will be cool.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You.
Joe Satriani - Day At The Beach.
Steve Vai - Building The Church.
Van Halen - Eruption.
i figured out the tapping for lip gloss and black in a few seconds, any other songs?
Quote by pinheadslts75
how do you play day at the beach?? it looks weird
Quote by pinheadslts75
you tap with both hands, the left goes in the middle of the neck, the right goes higher up on it.
but i mean you hit two notes at the same time with one hand or what?
Quote by pinheadslts75
yes, where it says the

part, you can tap both notes, but if you leave out the top note it doesnt sound very different, and should still be a good excersize at least.
so you do that with your fret hand, or do you hit those notes with two hands
Quote by pinheadslts75
Quote by #1 nirvana fan
how do you play day at the beach?? it looks weird

You hammer on every note with the left and right hand. I'll throw you in an example from the basic pattern.

e:||-------------|
B:||-*--------14-|
G:||-------6--14-|
D:||-*-----7-----|
A:||-------------|
E:||----5--------|

For the base note of the chord (A = 5th fret), you'd hammer on with your index finger. Then you'd complete the chord by hammering the A and C# on the 6th fret (middle finger) and 7th fret (ring finger) and finally tap the 14th fret double stop (A and C# again) with your index and middle finger on your right hand.

It's basically the same pattern throughout the song, though there will be some finger position changes - and if I remember correctly, there's some awkward ones in there.
so it goes fret hand, fret hand, pick hand?

and BTW thanks for all the help
Quote by pinheadslts75
Quote by #1 nirvana fan
so it goes fret hand, fret hand, pick hand?

and BTW thanks for all the help

Fret hand - fret hand - pick hand's a good way to look at it yeah, I guess. That's the pattern.

Or just... low notes = fret hand and high notes = pick hand.
alright thanks
Quote by pinheadslts75
The first tapping riff i learned was Van Halen's intro to Hot for Teacher. It also happens to be a pretty good stretching exercise for the fretting hand.
Eruption has a lot of phrases that are used in a lot of other songs [like Lip Gloss and Black] so its good to start there and you'll have a good idea of how to build your own tapping licks after it.
The first tapping riff i learned was the beginng part of the crazy train solo.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
First tapped song i learnt was roses for the dead by funeral for a friend (www.putfile.com/fireball85 theres a rough recording here) not the easiest thing ever but its fun to play.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Try Van Halen and Randy Rhoads tapping licks. Another idea is to produce your own licks. For example take an arpeggio and lay it down on one single string. The play it with tapping and change positions after one measure or so!
Something i do sound horrible but its just to strengthen the fingers:

h t h t
(on any string) ---5--7--9-- repeat a few times then -5--7--12-- repeat a few times then

h t h t
-7--9--12-- then -7--9--14 and so on. Then you can go back down, and move it across the strings etc..
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you