Zeppelin08
Cowbell Virtuoso
238 IQ
What's the worst acoustic guitar you have ever played?

I would have to say an Esteban guitar, you know the the ones that that guy on TV sells. My friend for some reason was stupid enough to buy one. It was horrible, I think it was made out of plywood, the tone was very mediocore. But the worst part was the action on it, I swear the action on that Esteban guitar was higher then a bunch of Deadheads in an old VW Bus.
ShutDown785
222 IQ
Mine.
Harmony Hollywood. Stripped of original pickups, tuners and tailpiece. It hasent had a new set of strings since i've seen it and the dirt on the neck is probably an 8th of an inch thick. I really hate that thing, but I bet a nice restoration job would do it justice.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
AthenasGhost
UG'S MORON
1,193 IQ
Only played one acoustic in my life, it's the one I own.... Its a samich, greg bennet design, VERY nice for a 400$ guitar.
pollodiablo
i like eggs
26 IQ
the worst i have ever played was the little toy guitars they have at target for 4 yearolds. the accordions, on the other hand, are very entertaining.
RainMustFall
116 IQ
My friend's old one, which is so totally old and abused, the E string is broken, etc.
donkeypunch
Banned
98 IQ
my first guitar i ever had. a 1970 harmony, action was rediculous found it in my basement. mom used it for lesons when she was 15
G-Rock
The one & only...Ballsack
489 IQ
Honestly, a First Act.
The lowest action you can get off of that thing is like two inches from the fretboard. It's ridiculous
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
FanksGuv
I'm on a mission from God
126 IQ
some first act guitar that came from wallmart. The action from the box could make a persons fingers bleed.
Aftter-Forever
Banned
70 IQ
mine is a ****ty Ritmuller that i got from a drug store.
the action is over 1 centimiter (seriously) th eneck is as think as a log, and to top it off, its not even wood...its plactic or a combination of wood/plastic that is PAINTED like wood
it sounds ****ty too, even wiht good strings
GsKoRn1
Banned
682 IQ
Quote by pollodiablo
the worst i have ever played was the little toy guitars they have at target for 4 yearolds.

HAHAHA same here. God those thing suck but you cant help it when you see one you have to try to play it what?s even worse is the fact they have plastic strings i can totally see some one rock out on one of those

O and as a side note i have a firstact and the action Isn?t that high but it still is a crappy guitar
Last edited by GsKoRn1 at Jun 22, 2006,
hoobariffer87
UG's Haruhiist
212 IQ
Quote by Zeppelin08

I would have to say an Esteban guitar, you know the the ones that that guy on TV sells. My friend for some reason was stupid enough to buy one. It was horrible, I think it was made out of plywood, the tone was very mediocore. But the worst part was the action on it, I swear the action on that Esteban guitar was higher then a bunch of heads in an old VW Bus.

A friend of mine has one of those.
The action on his was really nice (better than my Washburn), but the tone was really mediocre, like you said. They're good beginner guitars, since they're inexpensive and easy to play. Newbies won't notice/care about tone, anyway.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
danilo19
624 IQ
my esteban guitar. first acoustic i ever got. i rarely play it anymore but when i do it ****s my fingers.
kpasa01
61 IQ
The worse I ever played would be my friends Grand. The action on it was high as sh*t and to make it even worse, if you possibly could, he put 13's on it. I swear, I felt like I was developing carpel tunnel every time I picked it up.
Young Hippy
43 IQ
Quote by FanksGuv
some first act guitar that came from wallmart. The action from the box could make a persons fingers bleed.

Will you explain to me what action is?
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar
3,299 IQ
Quote by fsb_ben
Dood u mean Samick.

A samich is like.. peanut butter and jelly samich.

hahaha man that is exactly what i was thinking. i swear you are a mind reader sometimes. did you see that thread in the pit about peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches also? that's what made me think about it. and also... it's greg bennett.

Quote by Young Hippy

it's the distance between the strings and the fingerboard.
Last edited by jimtaka at Jun 23, 2006,
AngilasGuy
UG's Technique Nazi
508 IQ
A virtually no-name brand guitar that a family friend gave us cause he collected 100 beer send-in points. He didn't want it so we gave him a 6-pack for the guitar.
We used it as decoration piece in the music room, since the back split in under 2 weeks, plus the action was like ****ing 5 inches -_-.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
sandwich_man
UG's raver
1,165 IQ
Quote by Young Hippy

Action is the height of the strings off the fretboard. A good action is not too high, but not so low as to cause the strings to rattle against the frets.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
My friends, i have no idea what it was, when i looked at it i thought it was going to be one of those wind up guitars that play a pre-set tune
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Calum_Barrow
(the return)
1,255 IQ
Quote by GsKoRn1
what?s even worse is the fact they have plastic strings i can totally see some one rock out on one of those

Lots of guitars have nylons strings.... have you never seen anyone play classical on a guitar before? ALL classical guitars have nylon strings...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
eckmann88
Mr. Awesome
1,172 IQ
my friend's guitar.... the action was seriously like four and a half inches.... i just pretended it was a fretless bass and i managed to get some powerchords out on it......
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
GsKoRn1
Banned
682 IQ
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Lots of guitars have nylons strings.... have you never seen anyone play classical on a guitar before? ALL classical guitars have nylon strings...

No not Nylon (I know nylon) I mean plastic the strings are made out of the same material as the guitar its self.
daver869
QUIJOTE 23
531 IQ
Quote by sandwich_man
Action is the height of the strings off the fretboard. A good action is not too high, but not so low as to cause the strings to rattle against the frets.

is 4mm off the fretboard too high?
EMO
The protagonist sees the dragon and moans about how hard it will be to get the princess to fall in love with him, he gets eaten. The princess is very happy, because he was a whiny fag anyway.

Quote by kanguuu
its old, good, but old lol
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
My friend's guitar. It came from Argos, I have no idea what the body is made of (it doesn't sound like wood) and the action is nearing 1cm. It's also a dreadnought (don't like the sound of dreadnoughts) so the body is too big for me. It just sounds terrible and is too hard to play.
I notice that it's always the friends that have the crappy guitars :P
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Jul 9, 2006,
onlyunplugged
110 IQ
Like erverybody else, a buddy's guitar (Not like mine would suck) it was made of plastic and just had the worst, dullest tone I've ever heard. I have no idea of the brand, probably came from walmart. of course the strings were some $5 DiAddario's that sounded like crap so that was not helping the case
sebi_laf
seb-o
10 IQ
worst guitar ever .....an old kids are us guitar my dad bought my brother coasted 50 bucks! i have a gutiar which i bought in argentina called a gracia payed 50 dollars for it and its a lot better than some fender acoustics ive played
FunFuBarMan
I play Geeetar good
389 IQ
AN old Superior*sp*
my blog gameruber.blogspot.com
Member #6 of ''Beatlemania is NOT Phony''
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
oh brilliant..ive learnt something new thanks man!
RHCPKicksA$$
Actually plays guitar
409 IQ
my POS acoustic with the strings 3/4 of an inch off the string and no way to adjust the action. It was given to me (kind of) so thank god i didn't pick it out.
That's probably why I play a lot more electric than acoustic...
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Uziel126
Just another rocker
24 IQ
I don't know what brand it was (or whether it was even branded) but my friend found a guitar at the basement of a condominium, it was fine except that there was no way to tune the guitar... Catch my drift?
kev_dunn
fun in the sun
33 IQ
i played some Squier acoustic in Sam Goody one time....i dont remember now how it sounded, but it was like playing razor blades
PM me for
CorduroyEW
UG's pickup winder
3,338 IQ
The worst sounding guitar was a samick but I am of the opinion that the Martin X series guitars are the worst in the world. Not because of sound. It's because of durability and materials used. These guitars sound pretty good but are horribly constructed, so they fall apart. I hate them!
Still doing business but not taking any online orders.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Yeah well I played an Esteban once.

I know, I nearly died from blood loss.