i am buying a gibson sg, but i cant make up my mind between a gibson sg gothic II with EMG's for $1100, or a gibson sg standard that i would put seymour duncan invaders into for $1422 (including new pups). i play punk rock, and some metal, like from first to last, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, afi, children of bodom, and cradle of filth.
thanks
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I bought an SG standard about a month ago and it was about the greatest decision i have ever made. the seymour duncans added onto it makes it just about perfect. i wasnt too happy about the stock pickups
I personally would not switch up the pickups in a 1400$ guitar. I would tell u to get a schecter, the ones with EMG's in em, they are pretty damn sick, take a look at em, I think u would like it especially for ur music taste
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
by the way, you should be able to get a better deal than that. Just go to a guitar shop and bargain with them
Quote by Guitaraphone06
I personally would not switch up the pickups in a 1400$ guitar. I would tell u to get a schecter, the ones with EMG's in em, they are pretty damn sick, take a look at em, I think u would like it especially for ur music taste

i meant it would be $1400 with the new pups in it, not what i think u meant.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
gosh i cant believe I forgot the price of the sg, and I didnt read the type of pickups ur wrote srry. Im gonna say go for the gothic.
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
k, cool, that was my first choice, but i was looking at other thoughts, so thanx every1
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
i dunno, im not too fond of the goths, but i didn't know they came with emg's stock? maybe im thinking of the epiphone goths
Standard but without the Invaders. Horrible pickups, you can get better for the money.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free