PinkFender_69
UG's Ironic Guitarist
490 IQ
I was just listening to "Into The Void" by Black Sabbath and there was a guitar break that seemed very familiar. So i went through my library and realized it was extremely close to the guitar break in "Whole Lotta Love" at about 3:05. I'd post a clip but my brother accidentally deleted "Into The Void" and i lent that CD to a friend. But you can check it out in the tabs.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/black_sabbath/into_the_void_tab.htm

[its Riff 5]

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/led_zeppelin/whole_lotta_love_ver11_tab.htm

[Its the Guitar Solo]

While they may not be identical, i found them shockingly similiar. Comments And Opinions wanted.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
metal_head_#1
Fully Baked 24/7
21 IQ
post a link to the song i cant just read the tabs and play it in my mind

re d.l them if ur bro deleted em. think man
MY GEAR:
-Fender 60 Powerhouse Custom
-Epiphone SG-400 (broken )
-Marshall MG50wDFX
-Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
-Squier Stratocaster Bass
-FenderSquier BP 15w
-Yamaha Classical Acoustic Guitar
mangablade
UG Spammer
863 IQ
i saw the "riff 5" thing.

very common lick imo, i use it all the time and i play bass. i use that and/or variations of it for 60% of songs that i use a min pent or blues scale for.
Andrewbiles
11,161 IQ
Maybe I'm going mad, but looking at the tabs there is nothing similar about the parts you mention. Like someone else said, it's just the use of a scale, no rip off.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
Yeah they're really not that similar.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Floyd93
Goin' Postal
1,176 IQ
They're not that similar, and what is with all the "THESE SONGS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO SIMILAR" threads lately?
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,244 IQ
yeah, why is everyone so concerned with who ripped of who (unless it was the Kinks deliberately ripping off Jumping Jack Flash )? Just listen to the music.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
ufossuck
Delighfully twisted
1,186 IQ
As it were, "Whole Lotta Love" is a rip off. I wouldn't be too obsessed with this.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."