is he tapping some kind of button on his guitar? and how does he get the strings to sound if he's not picking, or otherwize hitting them with his right hand?
omg, i swear i'm not seeing what i'm seeing right now. i've heard of this guy a long time ago, but i'm just witnessing this for the first time. that much feedback and delay, at those volumes is FREAKIN' HARD to controll, and this guy doesn't freakin' slop one freakin' note.
Quote by sethp
omg, i swear i'm not seeing what i'm seeing right now. i've heard of this guy a long time ago, but i'm just witnessing this for the first time. that much feedback and delay, at those volumes is FREAKIN' HARD to controll, and this guy doesn't freakin' slop one freakin' note.

That is why he is one of the best.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Buckethead uses a Gibson Les Paul baritone loaded with active pickups and a killswitch.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
Buckethead uses a Gibson Les Paul baritone loaded with active pickups and a killswitch.

His Gibson was custom made, though it is a baritone.

I'm not sure if he's got active pickups. He has got a Sustaniac installed in there (or it might be the Fernandes Sustainer, can't remember).

He has had the controls redone and only has a master volume and tone, moved the pickup selecter to a rotary switch in place of one of the controlls (I think this is the one with the stormtrooper head on it) and the big red button is a killswitch (ala Tom Morello)

he's also got a white Jackson RR with a floyd and the KFC logo painted on it
This is soo gonna get sigged...Who is buckethead?and yay,im sigged!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
This is soo gonna get sigged...Who is buckethead?and yay,im sigged!

http://www.bucketheadland.com/story/index.html

or for a more realistic take on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead

He's damn good at guitar, has played with a bunch of people (replace Slash for a short in time in GnR but then left, played with Les Claypool any many others), kind of wierd due to the entire persona thing but I think it adds a kind of humbleness to a guitarist
I think he's brilliant.
Some of his playing styles are one of a kind and a lot of songs are the summit of originality (Big Sur Moon, anyone). Yet he has some great Blues in'em as well (Too Many Humans, for example) and can shred like a maniac.

Plus, due to his awesome disguise, noone has really ever seen his real face (Well, they have, but didn't know it was him, that's my point), so he has all the privacy in the world. For all you know he's your next door neighbour...
Wow,free advertising for KFC...thanks for teling me who he is..and wow,he looks really scary...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Last edited by Broken-pick at Jun 23, 2006,
Can he go in to killl zone mode like pettruci? i guess not. Buckethead has less fans than dream theater so Pettruci can get away with it more.. You guys all probly have no clue what im talking about.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
Quote by SlashandClapton
Can he go in to killl zone mode like pettruci? i guess not. Buckethead has less fans than dream theater so Pettruci can get away with it more.. You guys all probly have no clue what im talking about.

woah, somebodys seen the john petrucci physco videos and thinks hes cool and that nobody would know what hes talking about.
Quote by seljer
His Gibson was custom made, though it is a baritone.

I'm not sure if he's got active pickups. He has got a Sustaniac installed in there (or it might be the Fernandes Sustainer, can't remember).

He has had the controls redone and only has a master volume and tone, moved the pickup selecter to a rotary switch in place of one of the controlls (I think this is the one with the stormtrooper head on it) and the big red button is a killswitch (ala Tom Morello)

he's also got a white Jackson RR with a floyd and the KFC logo painted on it

its a jackson king v
Quote by SlashandClapton

LOL

"when i go into kill zone mode it means i can play 4 million notes per second... but i dont play that fast because it kills people, i try to keep it around 5000"

" "and with this.. i conroll the temp of the sun..."
Quote by Broken-pick
Wow,free advertising for KFC...thanks for teling me who he is..and wow,he looks really scary...

he is against KFC, he writes something on the bucket abouyt KFC but i forget what it is.. sorry for triple post lmao
Quote by Andrewsonfire
LOL

"when i go into kill zone mode it means i can play 4 million notes per second... but i dont play that fast because it kills people, i try to keep it around 5000"

" "and with this.. i conroll the temp of the sun..."

And this is my custom rack made by RACKMAN. These pickups were hand wired by Tony Blair.

Clicky
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Quote by Andrewsonfire
he is against KFC, he writes something on the bucket abouyt KFC but i forget what it is.. sorry for triple post lmao

he's got FUNERAL written on the front of KFC bucket hat
My guitar, a Biscayne Flyer Ltd have a switch for each pickup (2 pickup) to turn it off and on. So i just turn it off and on quickly to make that effect. Very simple.

For those who haven't seen buckethead real face, here's a old picture of him:
Attachments:
bucket.jpg
look at his hand/fingers...

and that's the only known picture of him unmasked.