Howdy. A quick question - what is the name of the chord used in the Nine Inch Nails song 'Hurt'? The part that's like this:

G----10
D---9---
A--9----
E-7-----

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Fixed around the tab so it's not upside down.
Last edited by Rhinosaur Bones at Jun 23, 2006,
Umm...is that chord upside down? EADG is usually from bottom to top...unless this is some weird tuning. If it is indeed upside down, it's a B power chord with an added flat 5. B5(add flat 5) maby.
Yeah...I guess you could say it's upside down. I seem to always tab things with the low E coming first.
yup it a B5 w/ a added flattened 5th and yes Low E is on the Bottom and high e s on the top of tab..... if you need any other help w/ this song let me know, i know it by heart.
Thanks guys. Is there a certain way you would write that out for the chord name? I'm not just wanting this for this specific song, but planning on using the same type of chord (except a D) in a song I'm writing.
Quote by z4twenny
yup it a B5 w/ a added flattened 5th and yes Low E is on the Bottom and high e s on the top of tab..... if you need any other help w/ this song let me know, i know it by heart.

Yes! What are the last three chords, when it goes distorted and Trent sings "I will find a way..."