Just to keep people informed..

they have medium/jumbo frets

the tuners are excellent and stay in tune well

the pickups aren't bad

anyone have others?
Im currently looking at one should I get it?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
I did own one, now I have an MIA

gibson definately, pick out a good one and it'll be gold for the money
The can vary in quality-from mediocre to amazing. Try before you buy!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
He means do you have problems with frets being uneven -- bends bottoming out, frets randomly buzzing, things like that. My friend had a Fender acoustic that was so poorly fretted that after about a year, if he'd play on the 11th, 12th, or 13th fret on the B or E string, they would all sound like the 13th fret because they were uneven.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, they're as durable as an iron ball and twice as pretty.
They're really comfortabe to hold against you. Like a cute . The ones that consent, anyway.
The versatility claim is not an exageration. They do more interesting things than a Chinese acrobat on a trampoline.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by Dirk Gently
He means do you have problems with frets being uneven -- bends bottoming out, frets randomly buzzing, things like that. My friend had a Fender acoustic that was so poorly fretted that after about a year, if he'd play on the 11th, 12th, or 13th fret on the B or E string, they would all sound like the 13th fret because they were uneven.

I wouldn't say that
there was some buzzing though.. I think a setup would have fixed it
it might have been my fault even
The problem with Fenders, especially ones made in Mexico, is that they're notorious for being inconsistent in the quality of their construction. Even some MIA Strats have this problem, although far less than MIMs, and you really don't see it with the Sigs, Am Deluxes, or Custom Shop guitars.
Hi, I'm Peter
I rarely have problems with my MIM duosonic, though if I look closely I can see little flaws in the workmanship...especially the wood around the frets. But playability wise...everything is fine.
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
I love my MIM Strat. I mean I'm definitely going to mod some stuff after my A Levels are done, but you don't expect a guitar tailored to your every need for £360 do you?

The tuners on mine stay in tune except the B and High E when I use the vibrato bar, which go out 'coz of the string tree, not the tuners, so I would say yeah, the tuners are good, and this is still with cheapr Fender 9s, which are total ****.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Xenn99

Listen to Xenn,
You can't really sum it up better than that
You get some great Mexi/Standards
then you get some crap ones..

Try 'em out
and pick the best!
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
however one thing that may be important to you that you must know about standard mexi fenders:

they only have 21 frets.
Quote by Xenn99

this man speaks truth
If you go into a shop and play all their Fenders, some will stay in tune and some won't; some will have nice feeling frets and some will have sharp and uneven frets; some will have well set up bridges and others will have strings at different heights, poor sustain and poor intonation.

The reason Ibanez are so popular at the moment is there are no horror stories about them. It's hard to find people that have had bad experiences with them, but everyone has a friend with a crap Fender or Gibson they saved for ages for and don't play.

You do find Fenders that are amazing to play, but you've got to search for it! I don't think you really can decide you're getting a Highway 1 or whatever model because you can't know which one you'll find that plays how you want.
Quote by selloutpunx
however one thing that may be important to you that you must know about standard mexi fenders:

they only have 21 frets.

Yeah.. personally I just don't see how that's a big deal.. do people even play on that fret?
I have MIM strat, but like you said it doesn't stay in tune well at all though. Good bluesy and clean tone on the neck pup though.
Quote by god9
I have MIM strat, but like you said it doesn't stay in tune well at all though. Good bluesy and clean tone on the neck pup though.

No I said it DOES stay in tune very well

the two I had stayed in tune like champs

and yes, good neck pickup
No I know you said it does stay in tune well, I just meant that mine doesn't. Could be because I got it off of ebay...hmm