So I went to all the guitar stores around here today to check out some amps, since I'm upgraded to an all tube half stack.. so I got to the store to try em out. I was wanting to try a Krankenstien since a couple friends have said it's a really bad ass amp.. but the one they had was sold. So I tried out the Revolution, and it was descent, but didn't have a whole lot to offer in high gain, the rhythm on it was descent but when you played leads it just didn't cut it.
So I saw this Framus Cobra and descided I'd mess with it for a little while to see what it was like then move on to another amp. So an hour later I'm still playing this amp and the store kicks me out cause it's closing time. So I was really liking this amp alot.. but I descided to go to Guitar Center to try out a Mesa and a Marshall TSL.
I was very dissapointed with both, there was just something about them that didn't really justify spending 2-3 grand for them.
So basically I'm gonna wait a couple weeks til they get a Krankenstien, play it, and if it doesn't cut it I'm going with the Framus. It seemed really versatile, had plenty of gain and plenty of headroom, and just had a really nice tone to it. Of course I'm gonna play it again a few times to make sure but I don't see what woudl change my mind.

If anyone has any experiences with this amp please share, I wouldn't mind hearing a few opinions since I'm about to spend 3 grand on it lol.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
The Framus rocks........ (judging by online demos)

Besides....... if you had an RPG game character, which name would you give him, something crappy like Krank or Krankenstein.......... ?? or something "cooler" like Framus, or Cobra...........

I still don't get what the notch switch on the Cobra is suppossed to do anyway ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Krank's suck the big one. Framuses on the other hand, are godly.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I like their head platings.........
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Framus makes incredible amps. Btw, which mesa did you try out? Also, Krankensteins are not worth the money. I've heard clips of them and they didnt even sound good.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
it's a kickass amp IMO, I love mine. You're just going to like more as you get to play with it too. Play around with the clean channel too if you get a chance, that's what is actually surprising. I was expecting a good lead channel, but the cleans are great too. If you like it stock, wait till you hear it dialed in right. They bias it cold from the factory, so it's susceptible to crossover distortion. It comes biased at about 25-27mA tested at the back, but around 33-34mA is the sweet spot.

Try to get one of the newer models with the bias pot on the back if you can. I think they started doing it in 2005. It's really easy to bias this way, they have test points and ground for each tube, so all you need is a DMM to do it yourself.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Vomitorator
whats a framus cost?

list price is something around $3000 for the head
^ It's gonna come out to about $2700 retail for the half stack. And the mesa I played was the Triple Recto.. I've actually had a few friends say it wasn't worth the money and I do agree.
I step up to da mic. Bust a rhyme about my hoes, tippin' on fo' fo's.. and someone shoots me in the face. Because rap is stupid.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
YOU ARE the PIT!!!
If I had unlimited funds that Framus Cobra would be on the top of my hit list. Absolutely a great amp.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
If you are looking for distortion, I'd go with an ENGL Powerball or Savage SE.

*waits for Dave MC*
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21

*waits for Dave MC*

allthough Engls have all the gain you could want they've got a much brighter voicing which may not be your thing if you're a fan of darker amps
Hello!

I'm new here, just wanted to thank you all for great info and opinions about Framus Cobra (in the other threads as well).

Needed a 2-or-more-channel head to replace my JCM900 SL-X (one of the best high-gain marshalls btw imho), and I was considering the cobra, genz benz el diablo and krank rev.1.

Anyway, it was easy to end up with Framus because of features, sound and a nice price I was lucky to find. The head cost me 1130 Euros, that's about 1420$.
Quote by Cone 21

*waits for Dave MC*

I dunno, I haven't tried the cobra, so I can't comment.

I agree with selj. though- they are bright. It all depends on what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?