si don't think it's necesarilly a bad thing, i mean you can use it to ssee how to make riffs out of scales..but beyond that, terrible idea.
I want to try it out !

Send me an email

Posted by Smokey Amp

OMFGZ!!!1!! PUNK_DUDE2005 IS LIKE, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND! HE'S LIKE THE FIRST THING ON MY MINd WHEN I WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND BEFORE I SLEEP. SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT HIM IN MY "PRIVATE REFLECTION TIME"..UH HUM..
I can't send you an attachment from here. pm me your email
thats a neat idea, but what if it made an insanely awesome riff and you use it and everyone loves it...man, id feel like crap,

Its like stealing a lottery ticket from an honest old lady, and then winning......
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Not opening :|

Posted by Smokey Amp

OMFGZ!!!1!! PUNK_DUDE2005 IS LIKE, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND! HE'S LIKE THE FIRST THING ON MY MINd WHEN I WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND BEFORE I SLEEP. SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT HIM IN MY "PRIVATE REFLECTION TIME"..UH HUM..
Dude, email me so I can get it to work! Taylorthomas_2009@hotmail.com
-Guitars-
LTD ESP EC-1000VB
Ibanez RG420d
Fender Strat Made In Korea
Old Jackson from the 80's (Not sure on series)
Epiphone Special II
Fender Acoustic
-Amplifiers-
Roland JC-60 Original
Marshall HDFX Head
Marshall 412b Cab
does someone still have the programm and can send it to me?
F-Kop didnt log in for over a year and i cant find it somewhere else...

I need it so bad
Please help!

Many thanks in advance!

MM2forever
Fail
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Last edited by 3holepunch at Oct 8, 2009,
Quote by 3holepunch
Fail

+1
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by 3holepunch
Oh man, this will be so awesome! Next we can all start going on to Wikipdedia and just take random excerpts to use as lyrics! Finally, musicians have the answers for making truly unique and amazing music.

You dont actually know what I need it for and btw what should be so wrong with computers "calculating" music

your answer didnt help a bit.
i love phish
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
I actually think this would be a good experimental tool, but only if it;

1. Took notes from a parent scale, including chromatic, depending on what the user chose.
2. Took into account tempo and meter.
3. Randomly spliced the notes into quarter notes, 16th, triplets, quintuplets etc to fill the bar.
4. User chosen length (4, 8, 32 bars etc).

It would also be good if it put out the result in a midi file. And it would also be good to have a "random" feature (obviously with some sort of length limit).
This could be interesting.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
SGsarecool@hotmail.co.uk Send me please.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Might as well give this a look see for interests sake. Who is hooking everyone up?
Can't stand the idea of computer generated music. It's bad enough that vocals are now computerized with auto-tune, instruments are computerized with sequencers where you're essentially colouring in little squares but now the actual melodies and chords are being computerized??? So wrong in my opinion.
Uploaded some MP3's onto my profile, please check 'em out & let me know what you think! :3
Nice necrobumped thread. Also, are you guys seriously so bad at writing riffs that you need a computer to write them for you? I mean, random will sound random and it would pretty much be the same as if you just noodled around with your guitar. Yeah, it could be cool to experiment with that thing and I'm interested in what the riffs will sound like. But if you want to write songs, use your ears!

/rant
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
+1
I was just talking about something like this yesterday.
We're all alright!
Riffs are only as great as the song itself.

Also the notes in a riff are irrelevant. A simple look at classic well known riffs show that note wise there is **** all going on.

It's how you present the riff; sound, dynamics, timing, and the context of a song.

Just take a quick analysis.

Why does the same riff sound shit played back in guitar pro?

It's because there are a million nuances going on, which your ear analysis and feeds back to you in the form of (subconscious) intuition. This omething which all humans have, and thus are "felt" by other humans.

I rest my case.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 16, 2013,
It's quality over quantity. I'm sure this riff generator can write lots of different sounding riffs but I bet none of them really sounds good. Songwriting takes time and this kind of riff machine isn't making it any easier (unless you are making some really experimental stuff). Song =/= riff. You can write a good sounding riff but finishing a song is a lot harder. I have lots of song intros/riffs but not that many finished songs. You have ears, use them.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
It's quality over quantity. I'm sure this riff generator can write lots of different sounding riffs but I bet none of them really sounds good. Songwriting takes time and this kind of riff machine isn't making it any easier (unless you are making some really experimental stuff). Song =/= riff. You can write a good sounding riff but finishing a song is a lot harder. I have lots of song intros/riffs but not that many finished songs. You have ears, use them.

I'm willing to bet that there has been at least 1 riff discarded from this thing, which has been used in a (semi) popular song.

The fact that one can play Am - F - C - G for hours without "finding a hit song", but the next artist sells million records with it just proofs it.

I am quite amazed that people lack the observing skill to see this.

Then again hope trumps logic in many things in life it seems.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 16, 2013,