View poll results: Strat or Tele?
Stratocaster
30 56%
Telecaster
21 39%
They Both Suck
3 6%
Voters: 54.
The telecaster has such a poor sound. It looks ugly too. The stratocaster is a great guitar.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
I couldn't decide either, so I bought both.

I bought the tele first, though.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Jun 23, 2006,
I play a Mexi Strat. Quite dandy except for the Low E Tuning Key. Only thing I'd do is change the Low E Tuning Key and put some Vintage Noiseles pups in it (which I might do later this year).
Quote by Reverb X
The telecaster has such a poor sound. .

That is complelty false, and its not a question of opinion.

Ugly maybe, poor sound? no
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
How come there's a "They both suck" option but not a "They both rock option", huh? HUH?!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
both of them are great guiatars

but what model are we talking about because squire strats are pieces of **** where the tele's are ok

it's all personal preference and in my opinion i find the neck of the tele to be alot more comfortable than the strat.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by SkinnyWhiteBoy
I play a Mexi Strat. Quite dandy except for the Low E Tuning Key. Only thing I'd do is change the Low E Tuning Key and put some Vintage Noiseles pups in it (which I might do later this year).

wow i also have the mexi strat didn't have any problems with the tuning keys but the pups have to be replaced, their clean sound is nice but with a bit of distortion they start humming like a bunch of drunk budhist monks.
but realy great guitar for the price i payed...i voted strat
Sorry theres no 'They Both Rock' option, but i wanted to know which one is a better guitar.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
How come there's a "They both suck" option but not a "They both rock option", huh? HUH?!

Sorry theres no 'They Both Rock' option, but i want to know which is better.
I agree that Telecasters are ****ing ugly, but they sound nice through a decent amp. I wouldn't perform with one. Strats, on the other hand, look great, but I can't stand their sound unless just the bridge pickup is active. I guess I vote for "They Both Suck"
I swear some peopel in this thread have never played a tele.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
i used to think teles were ugly. however i realize its really just an issue of basic color.
i just cannot get into a guitar anymore that is black, red, or blue.
id say strats although i only like certain colours of 'em , for i example i hate black strats with white pickguards , but i like white strats with black pickguards
it really depends on what you play.

but IMO, the tele is better.
plays much better
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Quote by GuitarGod610
Strats, on the other hand, look great, but I can't stand their sound unless just the bridge pickup is active. I guess I vote for "They Both Suck"

That's interesting; because more than 90% of all strat players never use the bridge pickup alone, because they don't like the sound. IMO, it sounds too sharp and brittle.
Best for what?
They're both great guitar models.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
strats may be more tonaly (i dunno if thats a word) diverse, but i havent compared them both at the same time.but the tele is a bit more twangy but sounds awesome with a hotrails in the bridge.
Quote by wilty00
Twist and Shout makes me violent.
A tele punches while a strat stings.

Tele's sound meatier and have that 'punch' to their sound whereas strats are a bit more jangly. I used to think Tele's were ugly but damn do i love them now.
Last edited by codybcool at Jun 23, 2006,
Quote by mr_hankey
That's interesting; because more than 90% of all strat players never use the bridge pickup alone, because they don't like the sound. IMO, it sounds too sharp and brittle.

Arrgh! I meant NECK pickup. The NECK pickup sounds golden. Sorry, everyone.
I like some of the older models of the tele way back when like the one that had the blend control... Anyway strats are beter over all strats are the result of complaints and suggestions of the tele... I like both I own 3 strats and a 60's model tele with blend control and a model from today they both slice right through the drums and bass
you know.. the stratocaster really was meant to be an upgrade to the tele

better/sexy looks (to be honest the tele really IS ugly, headstock, body shape, pickguard shape etc)
contoured body (man it's comfortable)
3 pickups
better jack input