how do i do it? like on the start of voodoo child
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
That's not scatching, that's just muting the strings wth your fretting hand and picking with your... picking hand, while playing through a wah. A Vox Clyde McCoy wah, unless I'm very much mistaken.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
then whats scratching
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Hendrix was just using muted strings through a wah, which is a common technique in funk.

Pick scraping is the closest thing to "scratching", where you run the pick on its edge along the string.
What are you talking about it is scratching. Scratching is where you just mute the strings with your fret hand and strum a note less chord hence a scratch chord. And Hendrix played it with a wah pedal. Scraping is running the pick along the length of the string.
Last edited by ferretman at Jun 23, 2006,
With your fret hand press down on the strings but dont press hard. Dont auctually fret anything just press a little. And then pick . behold.. scratching!
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP