hey i really gotta know wats his setting for his amp...damn man..i'm using a copy of SG and well i know Adam uses an LP...but his guitar sounds really bassy yet crunchy at the same time...any suggestions?

and wat pedal is needed to get at least a sound close to Adam Jones? i checked guitargeek so dun refer me to that website..
Quote by catchtherainbow
damn u seljer! hahahahahha...i mean just the tone!!! a single amp can really get any tone rite?

I doubt it, I think the key is in the way they're all combined

though other than that, I think just a Mesa Boogie or a Diezel will get you get you most of the way, still expensive amps

keywords: dark, high gain
Quote by seljer
I doubt it, I think the key is in the way they're all combined

though other than that, I think just a Mesa Boogie or a Diezel will get you get you most of the way, still expensive amps

keywords: dark, high gain

dark? hmm i understand...but damn man...well that means i gotta settle with my SG crunchy Iron Man sound...argh...

hey btw...whats the setting of your amp?
Quote by catchtherainbow
dark? hmm i understand...but damn man...well that means i gotta settle with my SG crunchy Iron Man sound...argh...

hey btw...whats the setting of your amp?

my amp? currently its bass 6, mids 4, treble 9 with the drive on 4 and a Tubescreamer in front of it with everything on 10. Its a kind of Paul Gilbert-ish general rock tone.
you could try to sell your soul to Satan for those amps maybe that will work if not start saving its gonna take you awhile. I suggest a Bogner 2500 USD best bet for that tone that DIezel is gonna run you 4000
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
you could try to sell your soul to Satan for those amps maybe that will work if not start saving its gonna take you awhile. I suggest a Bogner 2500 USD best bet for that tone that DIezel is gonna run you 4000

u sure?! $4000?!?!?!
you see thats why I love Tool, because he's got some witchcraft going on in his amps which gives him (as already brilliantly stated) "mountain crushing" tone...

I know I didn't help any, and sorry for that, but it had to be said
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005