Okay, I have a vague knowledge of most things tremolo but am considering buying, at some point, an Ibanez s470dxqm, with the Ibanez ZR (zero resistance) tremolo system, what I would like to find out is how that system compares with other Ibanez ones, such as Edge I,II and III and Edge Pros and OFRs and LFRs? thanks in advance
The ZR is well made, it doesn't have as much travel as the other ones so you might find it missing a bit if you want to do the really vulgar 80s divebomb type stuff.
But other the S470 is practically the cheapest guitar you can get with a good floyd rose type bridge.
Cool, so I take it that the ZR holds tune well, blah blah, basically won't do as the one on my randy rhoads does and generally annoy me?
better than most LFRs, better than Edge II and III, pretty much a tie with EDGE PRO or OFRs imo
strat player forever.
I'll agree with seljer there, but make sure your hand never rests on the bridge when you play before you get one, the ZR is very happy to move at the slightest touch and send your playing seasick.
Quote by seljer
The ZR is well made, it doesn't have as much travel as the other ones so you might find it missing a bit if you want to do the really vulgar 80s divebomb type stuff.
But other the S470 is practically the cheapest guitar you can get with a good floyd rose type bridge.

Isn't it missing the travel because of the thinkness of the body?