how often should you change your strings? and how will you prevent it from rusting? (aside from wiping it down after every use..) 'coz i keep on buying new strings 'coz it gets rusty.. is it okay to use silver polisher? (the one used for cleaning silver jewelries..)
"I know I can never be enough to replace your whatever. Now everything is silent, everything is still without you near..."
-SPONGE COLA
i change mine every 3-4 months or depending on how much i play. they get dirty yea, but i doubt that takes away from the sound. DONT use silver polish. chances are it will ruin your guitar finish.
I change mine every 2 weeks.

Wipe them and the neck down with a cloth after each play. Try and keep them out of sunlight.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
wash your hands before and after you play. that way the gunk on your hands doesnt get on your strings. as far as silver polisher goes, i wouldnt use that since it may mess up the finish on your guitar. what oyu should do is take a piece of printer paper and tear (or cut) it into 6 strips and push one under a string and fold it where it meets the string and do that several times untill you strop seeing greenish black crap on the paper (of course you would use the same strip several times just over a different spot on the paper). after that, i would use a paper towel with rubbing alcohol on it to thouroughly wipe each string. the use another paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe between your strings and fretboard. a month is a good life for a set of strings. if you can keep it sounding good longer than more power to ya.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

you change them when u start loosin sound from them atleast thats what i do .rusting or corrosion usually depends on your blood type witch effects your sweat so it corrodes quiker needed more often changes
Quote by stratomaster03
TWO WEEKS?! what kind of strings do you use?

Daddario 10's.

As for SRV i think he used 13's most of the time (i may be wrong) They were thick though
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
maybe i'll buy strings every month or two.. thnx stimpomatic for that tip.. really appreciate it.. and thnx for stopping me from using silver polish.. (;
"I know I can never be enough to replace your whatever. Now everything is silent, everything is still without you near..."
-SPONGE COLA
depends on what your'e doing. if you're just playing in your basement, you might not need to change them as much. if you're playing live, that's another thing. and if you go to the studio, i'd change them every time you go.
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
I usually change mine every few of months. I use Elixer's on both my electric and acoustic. They've got a neat coating on them that helps to prevent rust, and is easier on the fingers (albeit they are more expensive). I also think they have better tone than D'Addario's, which I used regularly for quite a while. I've had the strings on my acoustic since January, and they are just now starting to sound bad.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)