I've had my Agile since February, and I haven't had any problems with it. I lowered the action a while ago just to make it more comfortable, although I know nothing about how low it should go and stuff like that. I just did it because I knew how. Everything went well and it plays nicer and easier now, but maybe a little less than a week ago I got a little buzz on the 1st e string 1st fret. I could deal with it, but then a couple days later, the f note on the first fret was completely muted. I couldn't get any sound, just a solid heavy mute. I highered the action, and it doesn't mute, but there is still that buzz. How do I fix this and what causes it? Its an AL 3500 if that helps...any suggestions or help?

Thanks in advance.
Pissed.
If you have raised the string and it didnt do anything then you want to check two things: the neck and the strings. The neck can get a little warped over time due to playing, tremelo, and the weather. If it bends backward slightly then the strings will touch the frets. This can be fixed by adjusting the neck. there is a bar that runs through the neck and keeps it in line. this bar needs to be adjusted, but preferably by a professional. If that doesnt do it, try a different gauge of strings. try going heavier. hope that helps :-)
Quote by stratomaster03
If you have raised the string and it didnt do anything then you want to check two things: the neck and the strings. The neck can get a little warped over time due to playing, tremelo, and the weather. If it bends backward slightly then the strings will touch the frets. This can be fixed by adjusting the neck. there is a bar that runs through the neck and keeps it in line. this bar needs to be adjusted, but preferably by a professional. If that doesnt do it, try a different gauge of strings. try going heavier. hope that helps :-)

I was thinking it had something to do with the truss rod, but I do use superlights, so I could go to a 10 guage. I'll take it in and see what they can do for me.
Pissed.
i would think just rasing the action would get rid of the buzz...but if you said it didnt then i would bring it to a guitar tech at sam ash or your local store and see what they have to say.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
like said, super-light strings allow the neck to relax. the neck straightens out and ur more likely to buzz.

going a little thicker on the string gauge is a natural way to pull harder at the headstock and put the neck at a better angle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011