Anyone else seen this movie? I just recently watched it, and it was pretty damn good. It's about racism in modern-day LA, with a very good cast. Brendan Fraiser, Sandra Bullock, Ryan Phillipes, Don Cheadle (I betta recognize).

Anyone seen it?
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Last edited by fenderfreak101 at Jun 23, 2006,
Hotel Rwanda (Paul Russabagina).

Don Cheadle, motha****a.

You better recognize.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
The only thing I don't get in the movie is the time frame. At the beginning of the movie, when they get in a car accident with the Korean woman, and then Don Cheadle (I betta recognize) walks over to the crime scene where Ludacris's friend was killed. They go into retrospect from that point, and show the events which happened the day before. But when Ryan Phillipes molests that woman, it's the night before the day of the accident, so all of this happens in about a day? The Arab's store being broken into, and him going the next morning to shoot the Mexican?

I doubt it's really confusing at all, I probably would understand it a lot better if I hadn't watched it via TiVo where it ships the sound every couple of seconds.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Just saw it last night. Amazing, is all I have to say. The music fit so well with the movie. The scene with the Middle Eastern guy confonting the Mexican guy for the money is one of the most powerful movie scenes I have ever witnessed, it gave me tears.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jan 15, 2007,
AWESOME movie. And a plus - it had boobies! Yay boobies!!
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
i thought this thread was gonna be about David Cronenberg's Crash

the one where the people crash and then have sex with eachother
One of my favorite movies of recent times. I saw it theaters not expecting much, but was blown away...and felt a bit depressed afterwards.
Quote by rocktolive
One time, I swear my PB&J sandwich talked to me... maybe it was food poisoning?
I saw most of it and I liked it a lot. Don Cheadle is the man.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by kaktusnpoop
i thought this thread was gonna be about David Cronenberg's Crash

the one where the people crash cars and then have sex with eachother

Didn't Cronenberg get all pissy about the names, because people would automatically think about the more recent film, rather than his?

Anyway, both great films, IMO, even if they're about two completely different things.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Quote by CaptainWow
Didn't Cronenberg get all pissy about the names, because people would automatically think about the more recent film, rather than his?

Anyway, both great films, IMO, even if they're about two completely different things.

if i remember he did
Quote by metaldud536
Yea. The boobies were the best part.

+1
Quote by dogfennell
Whats a "liemthe guy?"
Wait, my friend told me that the girl bought blanks at the gun store. Did they mention this somewhere? If so, I must have missed it.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
Wait, my friend told me that the girl bought blanks at the gun store. Did they mention this somewhere? If so, I must have missed it.

Girl:"Gimme the ones in the red box"
Gun Guy:"You know what you're doing??"

I was confused aswell until I remembered what the guy said.

I also literally did this >> when the girl got 'shot'. Good movie.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
Girl:"Gimme the ones in the red box"
Gun Guy:"You know what you're doing??"

I was confused aswell until I remembered what the guy said.

I also literally did this >> when the girl got 'shot'. Good movie.

Same here. The first movie to make me cry. Ever. One of my favorite movies of all time.

© Soul Power
In my top ten favorite movies it's somewhere between 5 and 3. My favorite movie is Michael Douglas's Falling Down.
What's up?
saw it last week, very good movie. it shows the box afterwards and you can see that it says 'blanks', if the guy in the store's comment and the little girl scene weren't enough for ya.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Yeah, it was a good film, though some aspects of it reminded me a lot of Monster's Ball.

Quote by divid3d
saw it last week, very good movie. it shows the box afterwards and you can see that it says 'blanks', if the guy in the store's comment and the little girl scene weren't enough for ya.

Why do films have to be so crystal clear these days? I mean God forbid a film that actually requires you to think about the events leading up to a certain moment and the resulting outcome of that moment, instead of spelling it out like spaghetti letters.

Anybody who has half a brain would have realised the bullets were blank when the girl started moving after she was shot.

Ack, I hate that.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 18, 2007,