Led Zeppelin's Living Loving Maid was played on an electric 12 and I guess is mildly distorted. I think a 12 string would sound good through a big muff or DS-1.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Jeff Buckley uses a 12 string Ric for all of his open G tuning stuff, and a lot of it isn't heavily distorted but given a nice clip. "What Would You Say" is a good example. I'll try to think of others.
Hi, I'm Peter
I've never really heard it. I'd like to play around with it when my guitar is done though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I was thinking about getting a chep acoustic pickup and putting my 12 string through the pedal. If I decide to do so, I'll make a little recording.
Listen to Black Sabbath
The Shadows did it very very early on, but that was a baritone 12, with the extra strings being an octave under.

I also think the Byrds tried it
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Man, a heavily distorted 12 string sounds awesome, its got a distinct, robotic lead sound. Get too jangly and muddy for chords though.
alex lifeson plays a 12 string distorted electric on and old video of xanadu live
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat