A friend of mine who is a gigging musician is shopping around for a new telecaster, as he loves the sound of them and the one he already owns is set up for slide....

the one he was looking at is a Pink Paisley reissue, and he loves the feel, sound and color, but is worried people will think he is gay going on stage with it.

Personally I think he should get it, It sounds nice and I think it looks cool, but then I am not a gigging musician, so my opinion on the looks doesnt matterr much....

What should he do?

I mean it does give a pretty out there visual sign.... but it is VERY unique and has a cool vibe.....
Thats the stupiest reason for not buying a guitar, of course no one will think hes gay.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
mmh it is pink, that is gay...
but y is it unique, is it color?
anyway color doesnt matter, buy!
Quote by oxokoning
mmh it is pink, that is gay...

People say some silly things.
i he doesnt like the color, he should just buy it and sand it down to its naural wood color
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
If the audience is worried about the color of his guitar then maybe you need a different audience. If he's still worried he should look for a blue paisley one. I've also seen a orange one but that had to be custom.
Look Ma, No Sig!!!
Get it. Chicks dig stuff like that. Besides, nobody will call him gay. Get over it.
Tell him he's stupid for thinking people would think that, I'd hugely respect someone with a pink flowery guitar, 'coz they're amazing looking guitars, tell him to go for it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I think if he's uncomfortable with buying it, than don't buy it. But if he thinks that a pink guitar will make people think he is gay, well, that's pretty stupid.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Psh, feel sorry for the guy that can only afford a Hello Kitty! guitar or one of those obscenely **** Squire Obey guitars with the deeply crap graphics.
I for some reason have had an urge to go get a flaming pink RG like Paul Gilbert's one lately
Hey, some of Vai's guitars were pink, and no one caled him gay.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
But that's because he is an incredible guitarist. If you're amazing then no one's going to go "hurrrr look at that fag playing his pink guitar", they're going to go "wow he's good and he's really rocking the pink thing".

Hell at one point over here in the Uk it was the in thing to wear pink if you were a boy. Thank God that died off quickly.
^Haha, that was gay, they thought they were all being "cool", hell no.
Don't be afraid to care"

its easy to repaint or even just strip the paint on a guitar...telecasters look great stained.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^I feel sorry for you because you bought a guitar with flames on it.

IMO both strats and tele's look very nice relic'd.
Quote by codybcool
But that's because he is an incredible guitarist. If you're amazing then no one's going to go "hurrrr look at that fag playing his pink guitar", they're going to go "wow he's good and he's really rocking the pink thing".

Hell at one point over here in the Uk it was the in thing to wear pink if you were a boy. Thank God that died off quickly.

Speak for yourself, its still the thing here.

*puts on pink shirt*

Bitch
Noel Gallagher plays one also and ive never heard anyone call him gay. He isnt even that good a guitarist but my god what a songwriter
^Yea he uses it for Wonderwall live sometimes, and yea, he's amazing.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by codybcool
"wow he's good and he's really rocking the pink thing".

sorry cody, but thats about the gayest thing that been said in this thread, minus the threadstarters friend being scared about buy the Pink Paisley Tele.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Sorry, my friend is a wierd dude......

He's in 2 bands, a blues group and a metal band and he wants to use the Telecaster for clean stuff with both groups (usually he plays an Epiphone Les Paul or the Telecaster that is set for slide, although he only uses the Les Paul or his coguitarists HH strat with the metal band)
Quote by angusyoungwanab
sorry cody, but thats about the gayest thing that been said in this thread, minus the threadstarters friend being scared about buy the Pink Paisley Tele.

.... I fail to see how a collection of words can be of homosexual orientation. Unless it was, "I want to stick my erect penis in your anus James" or something along those lines.

On a more serious note, i've never heard anyone accusing Vai of being gay because he played that pink heart triple neck guitar and that's because he's damn good.
Damn that is one nice looking Telecaster.

"Its not pink.. its lightish red"
we must become the change we want to see.