Poll: Can you play Eruption?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you play Eruption?
Yes
79 33%
No
159 67%
Voters: 238.
Page 1 of 3
I keep hearing n00b guitar players saying how hard Eruption is and I'm even starting to hear some intermidiate/advanced guitar players saying Eruption is hard. This confuses me because I, hopefully like many people on this site, find Erution a very easy song. I was wondering what fraction of guitarists can play it. Please take the poll and help me find out.
I've never tried to learn it. And I've only heard it a few times.
Quote by kauff
i could take a few hundered...my mom does daycare so i know how to take of them....ill just tell them the truth about santa, the easterbunny, and that their parents are dead
I can play the tapping part and thats it so I put no.
I don't really like it. Yeah, it was kinda revolutionary and I appreciate the complexity of it but I don't like that kinda music.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I could if I cared to. Might sound arrogant, but if I can play some Cacophony, I doubt I'd have much trouble with Eruption.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I think its only hard if your not that good at keeping your picking hand and your fretting hand in synch at high speeds. I can play other songs that fast, but my hands start ****ing up during eruption.
Never tried to learn it.

So I voted no.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by mccabe24
I keep hearing n00b guitar players saying how hard Eruption is and I'm even starting to hear some intermidiate/advanced guitar players saying Eruption is hard. This confuses me because I, hopefully like many people on this site, find Erution a very easy song. I was wondering what fraction of guitarists can play it. Please take the poll and help me find out.

Well get you Mr. Bigshot
I wanted to learn tapping so i learnt that bit, other than that no, so no.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
It's really a piece of cake.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
It's really a piece of cake.

yea it is real easy. that and why do people say far beyond the sun is hard
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
It seems like everyone can 'play' Eruption these days, but very few people can actually PLAY it convincingly- those that could don't tend to bother.

Which contributes to my extreme dislike of the track, even though I love Van Halen.
Originally posted by raygreendaystud
your a fag, listen to real music like green day, you moron
Yeah, I've only got the tapping, too. That's the only part I can find accurately tabbed, and I'm too lazy to figure the rest on my own.
too easy
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
i can do the tapping but that other **** is a huge no.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by shredfan
It seems like everyone can 'play' Eruption these days, but very few people can actually PLAY it convincingly- those that could don't tend to bother.

Which contributes to my extreme dislike of the track, even though I love Van Halen.

Yeah, same here. Walk into Guitar Center and you hear 5 different people playing the song, and none of them playing it right.

Besides, what's the point of learning it note for note? Aside from the tapping, Eddie improvs most of it when he plays it live anyway. Check it out, it's on youtube and google.
Gah...I hate it when UG'ers say,
"I don't get it - is there something wrong with me if I think it's easy?"

Sorry, but being psuedo-modest and show-offy at the same time just doesn't work.

Really, is it that easy? It's easier than a lot of other music out there, but how about the Deftones? Is it easier than Sum 41? Is it easier than Puddle of Mudd? Radiohead? Easier than Aveneged Sevenfold? Easier than Pearl Jam? Soundgarden? Easier than Black Sabbath? Led Zeppelin? Didn't think so.
Quote by heiltalker2006
yea it is real easy. that and why do people say far beyond the sun is hard

Serriously!!!! It isn't that hard! Try doing what I did and break the song up into little speed building exercises. Start slow, speed it up and put it together! You be able to play it in no time.
I never tried to learn it because my friend sent it to me and he's like BEST SOLO EVER. I didn't find anything amazing about it but everyone loves it... I never tried to learn it.

Quote by yawn

Thank you, that annoys the hell out of me too.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Quote by yawn

Sorry, but being psuedo-modest and show-offy at the same time just doesn't work.

Really, is it that easy? It's easier than a lot of other music out there, but how about the Deftones? Is it easier than Sum 41? Is it easier than Puddle of Mudd? Radiohead? Easier than Aveneged Sevenfold? Easier than Pearl Jam? Soundgarden? Easier than Black Sabbath? Led Zeppelin? Didn't think so.

The solo to Heartbreaker is way harder than eruption, and to get the feel and phrasing right on any Led Zeppelin song is also harder that learnig and phrasing Eruption. Is it that easy? Yes it is.
Quote by mccabe24
Serriously!!!! It isn't that hard! Try doing what I did and break the song up into little speed building exercises. Start slow, speed it up and put it together! You be able to play it in no time.

do you mean fbts or eruption because its the same for both

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I listened to it again and...no point to learn it I actually think it sounds like crap but your entitled to your opinion.
Quote by kauff
i could take a few hundered...my mom does daycare so i know how to take of them....ill just tell them the truth about santa, the easterbunny, and that their parents are dead
Quote by gwitersnamps
Yeah, same here. Walk into Guitar Center and you hear 5 different people playing the song, and none of them playing it right.

Besides, what's the point of learning it note for note? Aside from the tapping, Eddie improvs most of it when he plays it live anyway. Check it out, it's on youtube and google.

yea he throws in more tapping and I think it also sucks when they dont get the right tone. BROWNSOUND

Quote by mccabe24
The solo to Heartbreaker is way harder than eruption, and to get the feel and phrasing right on any Led Zeppelin song is also harder that learnig and phrasing Eruption. Is it that easy? Yes it is.

Ok god, why dont you post a link to you playing it?

Oh and this goes to everyone who "shreds"
Quote by chipsahoy
I listened to it again and...no point to learn it I actually think it sounds like crap but your entitled to your opinion.

If you have windows media player, click on view, enhanchments and play speed settings (or something like that) and listen to eruption. It sounds like a cat caught in a blender.
Quote by mccabe24
Well, it's of my opinion that Heartbreaker's solo is a tad easier than Eruption.

Quote by mccabe24
Serriously, I will in about 20 years when I finally have enough money to buy something decent to record with.
I suppose a computer mic isn't good enough for you?
Last edited by yawn at Jun 23, 2006,
Quote by yawn
I suppose a computer mic isn't good enough for you?

That would be fine! Unfortunatly, I just get enough money to keep fresh strings on my strat. So the $15-$20 dollars is a little out of my price range. I'll mow some lawns or something this summer to make some cash and buy one.
I've never bothered to learn it.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I think it's pretty easy to play. I never really had trouble with it, even when I was learning it a year ago. Of course I wasn't very good at it back then, but now I feel I've got it down pretty well.
who gives a **** if you can play it?

on topic i could if i wanted to but i don't like shred and i could care less.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
I pretty much locked myself in my room when the Guitar Legends with EVH came out, and made my self learn it. That magazine has a really helpful way of tell you how.
That song isn't worth learning. Think about it: You're learning a completely meaningless improvised solo that was just for show. Technically you could make up your own Eruption.
Quote by chipsahoy
I've never tried to learn it. And I've only heard it a few times.

^^
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Page 1 of 3