i put heavy strings on my guitar and it wont stay in tune. every time i bend even a bit it detunes and then i have to tighten it more. well i broke the high e string. is it just my guitar? i have a samick malibu (i know its crap but i dont have a lot of money). is there any way to fix this or should i just get a new guitar?
What kind of bridge do you have? Thats normal for everyone when they put on new strings.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
Better to get new strings than a new guitar.

What kind of bridge are we talking here?

Also... If there was a big change, you could have neck problems.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Can't see much. Is it a tremelo? Because it could be that your bridge is being pulled out of the body by the tension of the strings, and isn't being pulled back sufficiently by the springs to retain tune.

If not... Then I'm all out of ideas.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Did you stretch the strings propely?

EDIT: when you put them on that is.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
Did you stretch the strings propely?

EDIT: when you put them on that is.

i stretched them a bit, prolly could have done more. would the inotation or what ever its called have anything to do with it? cuz after i took the heavys off i fixed it. should i just go take it to a guitar place and ask? i really like the sound of heavys. right now i have heavy bottoms and light tops and that seems to be fine.