Why don't y'all have a thread like this?

Coz I'd really like to know...

And yeahm I've searched around this lot alreafy, but I need a sticky.

Is it a Ibanez or perhaps a Fender starter kit?
wtf? that made no sense, so I will just say, Dean starter pack but I highly adivse that nobody get a starter pack, because they suck
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Hey you mind posting a pic of your JEM fake? I'm curious, is it a JEM junior or something???

And I don't know about starting packs but I have an Ibanez GRX40 which is a damn good starting guitar with a pretty hot neck. The Ibanez jumpstart pack comes with a similar model, so if you're beginning I recommend that.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Stater packs have a tendency to suck. It's often the case that the guitar is alright, but the amp is crap (Ie. Ibanez, Dean, Epiphone, maybe Squier)

Yamaha starter pack is alright, if you don't mind a ****ing tiny little amp (actually quite useful if you wanna take it to school)

BEST B-GINNERS GUITARS, in my opinion:
Ibanez GSA60
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Epiphone LP Standard
Squier Standard Strat, if you'll excuse me
Agile LP copies

BEST BEGINNERS AMPS, once again, only my opinion:
Vox Pathfinder 10
Roland Micro Cube
Vox Valvetronix, if you can afford them, they're great

can't think of too many good amps in the price range...
For beginners, I highly reccomend a Squier set. If you have the money, get a really nice guitar for yourself, but if you are a beginner on a budget, Squier is the answer.

Do not go with one of those BC Rich starter sets, first of all, Warlocks suck, and it will not last you or even serve you well.

And sure as heck don't go with one of the epiphone special SG or Les Paul sets. I did and got screwed out. The guitar just went out of whack and I am extremely displeased.
Listen to Black Sabbath
I would suggest the pacifica 112 and teh vox pathfinder. I have a pacifica 012 and it has treated me well as a beginner guitar, it has a lot of versatility for such a cheap instrument. The pathfinder has treated me a lot better than the marshal MG10 I orginally got. It has much better cleans, and decent "crunch" when you turn up the gain. Good for rock and some clean work. Be warned though: this is not a great combo for really high gain, in my experience it tends to crap out, especially with high, trebly solos.
Quote by redaxe
Hey you mind posting a pic of your JEM fake? I'm curious, is it a JEM junior or something???

PM me if you would like pics
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by PunishedOne
If you absolutely MUST get a starter pack, this is the best one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJS40-Jumpstart-Electric-Guitar-Pack?sku=519658

Seconded. The amp is fine for noobs, it's got an awesome EQ section and strong distortion. The guitar is good, easily moddable, and has a very comfortable neck.

Squier Strat Paks are basically the same as buying a Mustang and finding out that it's actually a 1970 Honda Civic that's been reshaped by Kentuckians with Down's Sydrome and hammers, with no motor.

As in, it's ok from far away, but once you get up close you can see the flaws (incorrectly installed pickups, etc), and once you play it, you understand intimately why it was a bad idea.
well i was in the back hall of Guitar Center and i saw that Epiphone has gotten a new guitar pack put together. its got the Valve Junior and your choice of an G-310 or an LP-100. id say thats gotta be the best starter pack (minus the 50's Strat and Blues Jr. packs that musiciansfriend.com had while back).
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by Danno13
Seconded. The amp is fine for noobs, it's got an awesome EQ section and strong distortion. The guitar is good, easily moddable, and has a very comfortable neck.

Squier Strat Paks are basically the same as buying a Mustang and finding out that it's actually a 1970 Honda Civic that's been reshaped by Kentuckians with Down's Sydrome and hammers, with no motor.

As in, it's ok from far away, but once you get up close you can see the flaws (incorrectly installed pickups, etc), and once you play it, you understand intimately why it was a bad idea.

bad analogy.. I'd rather take that honda civic over the ford
A '70?

Dude, that was before the Japanese discovered American steel. It'd just be rust. And wheels.