Is this a good guitar? I never hear anyone talking about, or see anyone play it.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
I really like the Jazzmaster. Mike Eingziger from Incubus plays one.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Jazzmasters <3

Tonal versatilitys AMAZING!!!

They have a real nice feel to them.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
i have it

and its great x 10000000

except when you have to fix it, which is a pain in the ass cuz you have to send it to the factory, but you should still get it, best guitar ive ever played
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
tone-wise i usually associate it as a hybrid of a classic strat tone and classic tele tone, so if that's kinda what you're looking for, then it's a great guitar.
Does the guitarist for the At the Drive-in play this or a Jaguar. Sorry for hijaking your thread...
I've played my mate's Jap Jazzmaster quite a bit, it's got a different character/feel/sound than a Strat or Tele, but it's got a slightly similar sound, gorgeous sounding with a cranked amp and the neck pickup, and very "Strat" and funky like with the bridge P90.

And one of Fender's nicest looking guitars.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by codybcool
*waits for Pedricko*

Everyone associates me with Jazzes cause of my Jaguar collection.

Contrary to popular belief, the two guitars are very different, the trem even reacts with a much different action. It has a much, much, much shorter length of 'dip' before the guitar goes out of tune.

The pickups are glorified strat pickups, but you'll fine the un-angled bridge position to remove much of the 'spike' from the sound and be a bit more mellow, the JM was aimed at a more 'mature' market.

What I love about the Jazz is the extremely 'garage' tone obtained on the rythm circuit with the tone rolled down thru a nasty fuzz, but even I would rarely use that sound, another bonus is the 'both pickups on' sound.

I have only owned one Jazzmaster, and one Jaguar with Jazzmaster pickups and I was quite pleased by both of them but found them lacking somewhat in the sound you would come to expect.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
not many people talk about the jazzmaster because there is no low end knock off. they are amazing guitars and not all that commonly used.
How much do they go for?

I just hijacked my own thread.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
Oh, let's see...the Jag reissue goes for $1400

I'd go for one from Ishibashi Music.

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/fenderjp/

Found under Other Models, Jazzmaster

To find the price in the US, you can usually convert that price to USD, then add about $200. That's what the Mustangs go for ($629.99 usually) in the States, while on Ishibashi with everything (shipping, customs, case) it goes for about $800. Not a bad deal, I think.

EDIT: Jazz's cost the same as the Jag reissues in the states, $1400.
Last edited by SuperAnalytical at Jun 23, 2006,
Quote by skateguitar7654
How much do they go for?

I just hijacked my own thread.

i got mine for $1200 but ive seen them for $1500 in other places

i think mine was reduced because of a thanksgiving sale
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Mikelikesit
Does the guitarist for the At the Drive-in play this or a Jaguar. Sorry for hijaking your thread...

he uses niether, except its pretty close. omar used a squier sub-sonic or something like that, and it was a very strange guitar indeed.
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's a known fact that 100% of people that sell their Telecasters, die.
oh 1500? thats way to expensive for me right now. Im saving up for a Traynor 40 watts so thats that, but thanks for the help everyone ive been wondering about this for a while.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.